|7,865 (10,692)||237||2,014|| (3.77)||25||0|
- Water 765 copies, 19 reviews
- Eva 549 copies, 25 reviews
- The Ropemaker 544 copies, 16 reviews
- The Flight of Dragons 363 copies, 6 reviews
- Fire 312 copies, 17 reviews
- A Bone From a Dry Sea 247 copies, 5 reviews
- The Kin 222 copies, 7 reviews
- The Weathermonger 218 copies, 4 reviews
- The Blue Hawk 208 copies, 2 reviews
- King and Joker 186 copies, 2 reviews
- Tulku 163 copies, 5 reviews
- The Tears of the Salamander 162 copies, 5 reviews
- The Glass-Sided Ants' Nest 161 copies, 3 reviews
- The Old English Peep Show 159 copies, 3 reviews
- The Devil's Children 150 copies, 3 reviews
- The Poison Oracle 147 copies, 3 reviews
- The Yellow Room Conspiracy 140 copies, 4 reviews
- Heartsease 137 copies, 4 reviews
- Death of a Unicorn 130 copies, 5 reviews
- Angel Isle 121 copies
- The Changes: A Trilogy 120 copies, 3 reviews
- AK 109 copies, 4 reviews
- The Gift 101 copies, 2 reviews
- One Foot in the Grave 98 copies
- Hindsight 96 copies, 4 reviews
- Some Deaths Before Dying 96 copies, 2 reviews
- The Dancing Bear 95 copies, 1 review
- Merlin Dreams 94 copies, 2 reviews
- The Last Houseparty 93 copies, 3 reviews
- The Lively Dead 89 copies, 1 review
- Suth's Story 86 copies
Top members (works)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Peter Dickinson was born and raised in Livingstone, Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia). He received his Bachelor of Arts degree at King's College, Cambridge in 1951. He not only served in the British Army, but also as assistant editor and reviewer for Punch Magazine for seventeen years.
He has written several novels for adults, a television series for juveniles and many books for young people. Keeping track of the audience for whom he is writing is not a problem. He knows the voice in which he is writing and does not have to constantly remind himself. Many of his protagonists are female. He says, "...women are more observant. I think that girls are much more aware of social matters than boys, and therefore make much more interesting observers."
Over the years, Peter Dickinson has won many awards for his novels. In 1982 he was placed on the International Board of Books for Young People Honor List for Tulku and The Iron Lion was selected one of New York Times Notable Books. In 1989 he won the Boston Globe‚Horn Book Award for Eva.
Improve this author
"Peter Dickinson" is composed of at least 4 distinct authors, divided by their works. You can edit the division.
Go to the disambiguation page to edit author name combination and separation.
Peter Dickinson is composed of 3 names. You can examine and separate out names.