The Fall by Albert Camus

The Fall (1956)

by Albert Camus

5,23349848 (3.88)1 / 119

English (41)  French (3)  Danish (2)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (49)
Oh, I know that guy. That's the guy who realizes that he's not as good of a person as he thought he was, and rather than doing the work to make himself a good person, decides to drag everyone else down to his level instead. This is a good portrait of that guy. The problem is, that guy is a jackass I don't want to spend any more time with. Good thing it was short.
  jen.e.moore | Apr 28, 2016 |
é o tipo de livro que a gente lê na época errada. tem que estar na vibe de fazer uma reflexão e não era o meu caso nesse momento. ( )
  karineamaral | Jan 31, 2016 |
Suitably gloomy about human nature, this "confession" is no walk in the park but rather a jounrey to the depths. Even the highest altruism is here exposed as crass selfishness, but it does hold some brilliant writing. Here's an existential gem to take home: "One plays at being immortal and after a few weeks one doesn't even know whether or not once can hang on till the next day." Free "Fall"ing, indeed. ( )
  bibleblaster | Jan 23, 2016 |
I love this guy. ( )
  trilliams | May 30, 2015 |
I found that in this book Camus explores the edges of existentialism. somewhat similar in what he did in the stranger, same sort of main character, expect this time the character feels some remose. he looks back on his life and feels regart ( )
  michaelbartley | Dec 13, 2014 |

Albert Camusprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Buss, RobinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Maclaine Pont, AnneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O'Brien, JustinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Some were dreadfully insulted, and quite seriously, to have held up as a model such an immoral character as A Hero of Our Time; others shrewdly noticed that the author had portrayed himself and his acquaintances...A Hero of Our Time, gentlemen, is in fact a portrait but not of an individual; it is the aggregate of the vices of our whole generation intheir fullest expression. LERMONTOV
May I, monsieur, offer my services without running the risk of intruding?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0679720227, Paperback)

Elegantly styled, Camus' profoundly disturbing novel of a Parisian lawyer's confessions is a searing study of modern amorality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:37 -0400)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible