Melvil Decimal System: 669.72
Dewmoji: 💡 > 🚀 > 💍 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Chemistry; Chemical Engineering
Foods: Sugar, Starch, etc.
Lights: Gas, Oil, Candles, etc.
Ceramics: Glass, Clay, Cement, etc.
Bleaching; Dyeing; Inks; Paints
Other Organic Chemic Industries
Iron & Steel
Lead & Zinc
Other Metals and Alloys
Assaying and Analysis
Works under MDS 669.72
- Aluminum Upcycled: Sustainable Design in Historical Perspective (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology) by Carl A. Zimring
- Essential readings in light metals by John A Johnson
- Aluminum alloys: Structure and properties by L. F Mondolfo
- Magnesium technology 2000 : proceedings of the symposium : held during the 2000 TMS Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tennessee, March 12-16, 2000 by Howard I. Kaplan
- Magnesium Technology 2016 (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series) by Alok Singh
- Statistical Data Analysis: A PracticalGuide (Woodhead Publishing India) by B. Mazumder
- Smithells Light Metals Handbook by G B Brook
- Light Alloys: Metallurgy of the Light Metals (Metallurgy & Materials Science) by Ian Polmear
- Eisenwerkstoffe Stahl und Gusseisen by Hans Berns
- Aluminum-Lithium Alloys: Process Metallurgy, Physical Metallurgy, and Welding (Advances in Metallic Alloys) by Olga Grushko
- Aluminum in America: A History by Quentin R Skrabec
- Aluminium-Werkstoff-Datenblätter by W Hesse
- Handbook of Aluminum: Vol. 1: Physical Metallurgy and Processes by George E. Totten
- Magnesium Technology 2001 : proceedings of the symposium by John N. Hryn
- Low molecular weight sulphur containing natural products : plenary lectures presented at the International Symposium on Low Molecular Weight Sulphur Containing Natural Products, Jablłonna, Warsaw, 12-16 July 1976 by J. Wróbel
- Synthese und Charakterisierung von metalloiden Aluminiumclustern by Harald Kohnlein
- Magnesium technology 2017 by Kiran N. Solanki
- Light Alloys, Fourth Edition: From Traditional Alloys to Nanocrystals by Ian Polmear
- Extraction, refining, and fabrication of light metals : proceedings of the International Symposium on Extraction, Refining and Fabrication of Light Metals, Ottawa, Ontario, August 18-21, 1991 by Mahi Sahoo
- Untersuchungen zum Bohren des Faser-Metall-Laminates Glare sowie von Glare-Schichtverbunden by Enno Stöver
- Made of aluminum;: A life of Charles Martin Hall by Rosamond McPherson Young
- Gmelin handbook of inorganic chemistry. Be beryllium / Supplement Volume A1, The element, production, atom, molecules, chemical behavior, toxicology by Leopold Gmelin
- Struktur, Stabilität und Funktionalisierung metalloider Aluminiumcluster by Michael Johannes Huber
- Handbuch Eurocode 9 aluminiumbau
- Magnesium Technology by Horst Friedrich
- Handbook of Lithium and Natural Calcium Chloride by Donald E. Garrett
- Handbuch Eurocode 7 : geotechnische Bemessung
- Cesium : properties, production, and applications by Brandt Hall
- Refractories for aluminium : electrolysis and the cast house by Andrey Yurkov
- Dietary Magnesium: New Research by Andrew W. Yardley
- Aluminium cast house technology XII : selected, peer reviewed papers from the 12th international conference and exhibition, on aluminium cast house technology, September 11-14, 2011, Melbourne, Australia by John A. Taylor
- The chemistry of aluminium, gallium, indium and thallium by K. Wade
- Light weight metal corrosion and modeling for corrosion prevention, life prediction and assessment selected peer reviewed papers from the 2nd Workshop on Corrosion Modeling for Life Prediction (CMLP 2010), Rome, Italy, 18 to 20 April 2010, held under the auspices of the Office of Naval Research Global and the Università degli Studi di Milano by Stefano Trasatti
- Anwendungstechnologie Aluminium by Friedrich Ostermann
- Hall-Héroult centennial : first century of aluminum process technology, 1886-1986 by New Orleans Minerals, La.) Metals and Materials Society
- Production, refining, fabrication, and recycling of light metals : proceedings of the International Symposium on Production, Refining, Fabrication, and Recycling of Light Metals, Hamilton, Ontario, August 26-30, 1990 by Michel Bouchard
- Aluminium alloys 2014 - ICAA14 : selected, peer reviewed papers from the 14th International Conference on Aluminium Alloys, (ICAA14), June 15-19, 2014, Trondheim, Norway by Knut Marthinsen
- Solid-state synthesis of magnesium-based functional alloys and compounds by T. Aizawa
- Control for aluminum production and other processing industries by Mark Philip Taylor
- Light Metals 2015 by Margaret Hyland
- Aluminium : the challenges ahead by Nnamdi Anyadike
- Ultrasonic treatment of light alloy melts by G. I. Ėskin
- Aluminum compounds : advances in research and application : ScholarlyBrief by Q. Ashton Acton
- Light metals technology 2015 : selected, peer reviewed papers from the Seventh International Light Metals Technology Conference (LMT 2015), July 27-29, 2015, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Semi-solid processing of aluminum alloys by Shahrooz Nafis
- Light metals 2016 : proceedings of the symposia sponsored by the Aluminum Committee of the Light Metals Division of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) : held during TMS 2016, 145th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, February 14-18, Downtown, Nashville Tennessee, Music City Center by Edward Williams
- Fire resistance of aluminum and aluminum alloys & measuring the effects of fire exposure on the properties of aluminum alloys by J. Gilbert Kaufman
- Magnesium Technology 2015 by Michele V. Manuel
- The lightest metals : science and technology from lithium to calcium by Timothy Paul Hanusa
- In-situ SEM investigation of individual and connected grain boundaries in aluminum by Dirk Michael Kirch
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.