Melvil Decimal System: 971.02
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🇨🇦 > 🇨🇦 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New Brunswick and Atlantic Provinces
Nova Scotia and Acadia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
French regime 1497-1763
End of 7 years war to constitutional act 1791
Upper and Lower Canada 1791-1841
Union 1841 to Confederation 1867
Dominion of Canada 1867-
American revolution; United Empire loyalists
Works under MDS 971.02
- The path of destiny : Canada from the British conquest to home rule, 1763-1850 by Thomas H. Raddall
- The Battle for the Fourteenth Colony: America's War of Liberation in Canada, 1774-1776 by Mark R. Anderson
- The Loyal Refugees by Robert Livesey
- True blue: The Loyalist legend by Walter Stewart
- Thrust For Canada: the American Attempt on Quebec in 1775-1776 by Robert McConnell Hatch
- Redcoats and Loyalists, 1760-1815 (Canada's illustrated heritage) by Leslie F Hannon
- Colonists & Canadiens, 1760-1867; by J. M. S. Careless
- United Empire Loyalists: A Guide to Tracing Loyalist Ancestors in Upper Canada by Brenda Dougall Merriman
- Canada invaded, 1775-1776 (Historical publications - Canadian War Museum ; no. 8) by George Francis Gilman Stanley
- Victorious in defeat : the Loyalists in Canada by Wallace Brown
- A Dirty, Trifling Piece of Business: Volume 1: The Revolutionary War as Waged from Canada in 1781 by Gavin K. Watt
- King's men: The soldier founders of Ontario by Mary Beacock Fryer
- Canada & the American Revolution, 1774-1783 by Gustave Lanctot
- The loyal Atlantic : remaking the British Atlantic in the Revolutionary era by Jerry Bannister
- Eleven Exiles: Accounts of Loyalists of the American Revolution by Phyllis R. Blakeley
- Loyalist mosaic : a multi-ethnic heritage by Joan Magee
- The Loyal Americans by Robert Allen
- Hostages to Fortune: The United Empire Loyalists and the Making of Canada by Peter C. Newman
- The Siege of Fort Cumberland, 1776 by Ernest Clarke
- I am heartily ashamed : the Revolutionary War's final campaign as waged from Canada in 1782 by Gavin K. Watt
- French Canada and the early decades of British rule, 1760-1791 by Michel Brunet
- Rolls of the provincial (loyalist) corps, Canadian command, American revolutionary period by Mary Beacock Fryer
- None was Ever Better: The Loyalist Settlement of Ontario: Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Ontario Historical Society, Cornwall, June 1984 by Ontario Historical Society.
- Lords & Proprietors. A readers guide to the Hudson's Bay Company Charter. by D.E. Mitchell
- Freedom Bound by Jean Rae Baxter
- The invasion of Canada by the Americans, 1775-1776 : as told through Jean-Baptiste Badeaux's Three Rivers journal and New York Captain William Goforth's letters by Mark R. Anderson
- The History and Master Roll of The King's Royal Regiment of New York by Brig-Gen. Ernest A Cruikshank
- Loyalist Vignettes and Sketches by Arthur Bousfield
- Safeguarding Canada, 1763-1871 by J. Mackay Hitsman
- Revolution Rejected by George A. Rawlyk
- The Settlement of the United Empire Loyalists on the Upper St. Lawrence and Bay of Quinte in 1784: A Documentary Record by E. A. Cruikshank
- Life Of The Loyalists by Rosemary Neering
- Loyalist settlements, 1783-1789: New evidence of Canadian Loyalist claims by W. Bruce. Antliff
- Colonial identities : Canada from 1760 to 1815 by Bruce G. Wilson
- Hope's journey by Jean Rae Baxter
- Guy Carleton : a biography by Paul Revere Reynolds
- The Three Faces of Molly Brant: A Biography (No Canadian Rights in the U.s.) by Earle Thomas
- Mistress Molly, the brown lady : a portrait of Molly Brant by Helen Caister Robinson
- The Nicolet Corrigenda: New France Revisted by Nancy O. Lurie
- The Quebec Act: protest and policy (Canadian historical controversies) by Hilda Neatby
- The Loyal Americans : the military role of the Loyalist Provincial Corps and their settlement in British North America, 1775-1784 by Robert S. Allen
- Annals of Yarmouth and Barrington (Nova Scotia) in the Revolutionary War : compiled from original manuscripts, etc., contained in the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, State House, Boston, Mass. by Edmund Duval Poole
- Sir John Johnson, Loyalist baronet by Earle Thomas
- Gavin K. Watt's revolutionary Canadian history
- Cradle of Confederation: Province House by Parks Canada Parcs Canada
- Loyalist spy : the experiences of Captain John Walden Meyers during the American Revolution by Mary Beacock Fryer
- United Empire Loyalists and the American Revolution - Focus on Canadian History Series by Alan Skeoch
- In consequence of loyalty : a pioneer history 1750-1850 by John Chesser
- The loyal Atlantic : remaking the British Atlantic in the Revolutionary era
- Loyalist narratives from Upper Canada by James John Talman
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.