Bossypants

by Tina Fey (Author & Narrator)

From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon, comedian Tina Fey reveals all, and proves that you're no one until someone calls you bossy.… (more)

English (472)  Piratical (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (475)
Tiny Fey is smart and clever and engaging, and has a great comedic voice (even better, I'm told, when she is reading the audiobook to you). Her jokes are continuous, and after awhile I found the pace to be kind of tiring. I am also not a fan of 30 Rock, because its a little too off-color for me, and the book is the same way...great, but every once in a while there was joke that was juuuuust a little too offensive. Still, I'd recommend. ( )
  sanyamakadi | Jun 20, 2021 |
mildly amusing; no content. new leb. pub 2011 read 2012
  18cran | Jun 7, 2021 |
Completely hilarious all the way through. ( )
  adamfortuna | May 28, 2021 |
Two words: loved it!

The audio book version is a must. It's like a several hour long stand up routine with the author reading it. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Tina Fey. ( )
  amcheri | May 25, 2021 |
This was as funny as one would expect something written by Tina Fey to be. It was a bonus that she read it on the audiobook. I laughed out loud many times, and had to refrain from doing so while listening during an electrolysis session. (TMI? Sorry.)

My only problem with the book were some editing glitches in the audio toward the end, specifically three or so spots where a phrase was repeated but the redo wasn't edited. It will be clear when you listen. ( )
  ssperson | Apr 3, 2021 |
Only the American comic Tina Fey could get away with such a revelation-free 'memoir'.

But Fey’s memoir is wholly cleansed of any real darkness. It preempts any probing into real frailties and flaws. Of course, this is the point; it is designed to disarm.

Neurosis makes Bossypants funny (and it is very funny), but it is fueled by reflexive self-deprecation instead of real reflection.

Fey, TinaAuthor & Narratorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Audio, HachettePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jeanne Fey: Happy Mother's Day. I made this out of macaroni for you.
Welcome Friend, Congratulations on your purchase of this American-made genuine book.

Actress Tina Fey recounts her life, sharing how she managed to fulfill her dream of one day becoming a comedian on television and discussing her childhood, marriage, career, and views on beauty, politics, motherhood, and relationships.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,220,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible