Bossypants

by Tina Fey (Author & Narrator)

From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon, comedian Tina Fey reveals all, and proves that you're no one until someone calls you bossy.… (more)

English (490)  Piratical (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (493)
1 star for content (I just don't find Show Business interesting at all), 1 more for being moderately funny and a making a good feminist case.

Not a bad book, just not the kind of book I usually care to spend five precious reading hours on. ( )
  AlainaZ | Jun 5, 2022 |
Good but not great. I was disappointed as so many people had reviewed it as laughing out loud funny. There were only a few places I had that happen. It was good though to help me go to the land of denial for a while. ( )
  KyleneJones | Apr 25, 2022 |
Tina Fey narrates the audio herself and it's hysterical. She says some important things about gender in comedy, tv, producing, etc. and motherhood. I can't wait to see how her daughter turns out. ( )
  Dairyqueen84 | Mar 15, 2022 |
I didn't finish it, as it is not my type of book. I have read 18% of it on my Kindle & was finding I was putting off reading it as I wasn't enjoying it at all. Not my sense of humor or lifestyle. ( )
  Wren73 | Mar 4, 2022 |
This is one of the funniest books I've encountered in a long, long time. Tina talks about her upbringing, her days at Second City, SNL, and 30 Rock, as well as the surreality of parenting, being a woman in a male-dominated field, and becoming a lightning rod of controversy for her time as Sarah Palin's doppelgänger. I particularly love her viewpoint as a woman working in show business and, specifically, in the world of comedy.

Through it all, she comes across as whip-smart, humble, down to earth, and the kind of celebrity who I'd love to share a cup of coffee with.

I opted for the audiobook, as I do for most books written by comedians or performers who then read their own work. It's critical to hear the timing and nuances of their material, and that really shines through here with Tina. She has so many clever asides and pitch-perfect delivery of her stories, it's really worth opting for the audio version.

I know I'm behind in reading this - it came out a few years ago and most folks who are Fey fans have likely already read it. If you haven't, do. Or better yet, have Tina read it to you. ( )
  TommyHousworth | Feb 5, 2022 |
Only the American comic Tina Fey could get away with such a revelation-free 'memoir'.

But Fey’s memoir is wholly cleansed of any real darkness. It preempts any probing into real frailties and flaws. Of course, this is the point; it is designed to disarm.

Neurosis makes Bossypants funny (and it is very funny), but it is fueled by reflexive self-deprecation instead of real reflection.

Fey, TinaAuthor & Narratorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Audio, HachettePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jeanne Fey: Happy Mother's Day. I made this out of macaroni for you.
Welcome Friend, Congratulations on your purchase of this American-made genuine book.

Actress Tina Fey recounts her life, sharing how she managed to fulfill her dream of one day becoming a comedian on television and discussing her childhood, marriage, career, and views on beauty, politics, motherhood, and relationships.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,675,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible