Slow Cooker Revolution

by America's Test Kitchen

433844,117 (4)4
The 200 recipes in this family friendly collection deliver a revolution in slow cooking--with added convenience, big, bold flavors, and America's Test Kitchen's guarantee!

I only add cookbooks to My Books after I have successfully tried recipes from them!! ( )
  mchwest | May 25, 2018 |
The ATK Slow Cooker Trilogy has information about products on the market in 2015-16 and technique. It favours using a microwave to soften onions and bloom aromatics, as opposed to using a skillet. When published, the books in this series were superior to other slow cookers books.
The recipes are often slow cooker versions of ATK/Cooks Illustrated, and take the same approach. Some recipes are supposed to be definitive authentic home food; others are standardized versions of interesting restraurant recipes. All are subject to a demanding system ( the ATK brand secret sauce). The number of recipes is impressive, but many of the recipes are not useful except as one-time tests. ( )
  BraveKelso | Nov 18, 2017 |
Many useful recipes but for me the best feature was the explanations as to why the techniques work. This knowledge can be carried to other slow cooker recipes. I stuck to the soup, stew, and pasta sauce recipes; everything I tried got rave reviews from my family. I have the smaller Slow Cooker Revolution magazine with only 60 recipes that was on sale in early 2012. When I spotted this expanded version in the library I grabbed it immediately. I've checked it out 3 times and will probably end up purchasing my own copy. ( )
  rlsalvati | Jul 5, 2016 |
This book has been sitting in our kitchen counter always due to constant flipping of pages searching for good recipe menu for the day and truly I love what it has to offer with the great recipes easy to follow instructions and mouthwatering dishes what more can I ask for from a cook book. Wonderfully slowcooker meals has been revolutionized in my home and my family just loves it. Great thanks I feel like a super chef. ( )
  Maddison18 | Mar 10, 2016 |
Since I work evenings [2p.m. to 10:30p.m.] and don't make it home until around 11 or so at night, my hubby and grown daughter are often left to fend for themselves with dinner. How can I say this as politely as possible? They are lazy. Well, lazy when it comes to cooking. Even if I leave a well planned menu and instructions on how to cook it, the ingredients may languor on the counter, or in the fridge, until I have to throw them away.

So, it was with high anticipation that I purchased this book. In hopes that I could make sure they ate something more nutritious than Cheerios™ or packaged burritos from the gas station!

I have always trusted America's Test Kitchens, finding recipes and equipment reviews to be right on. So, I didn't hesitate to purchase this book when it came up on one of my recommended reading lists!

I was NOT disappointed!

200 recipes that are to die for! Some, I will admit, are a little more laborious than a simple drop the ingredients into the crockpot and walk away, but nonetheless, these are some awesome recipes! From lasagna to rustic potato and leek soup to chicken with white wine, terragon and cream, to weeknight beef chili to easy barbecued ribs! And the desserts! Cherry cobbler, nutella bread pudding, chocolate fondue, and pears poached in red wine.

Easy to follow recipes, and simple ingredients. What more could a working woman ask for? I can get the meal started and put it in the slow cooker, and when it's dinner time, they simply have to serve it up!

I highly recommend Slow Cooker Revolution by America's Test Kitchen.

And I give it Five Stars and a Big Thumbs Up!

****DISCLOSURE: This book was a private purchase and under no obligation for review. ( )
  texicanwife | Nov 26, 2013 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,419,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible