Full Moon Rising

by Keri Arthur

In this exciting debut, author Keri Arthur explodes onto the supernatural scene with a sexy, sensuous tale of intrigue and suspense set in a world where legends walk and the shady paths of the underworld are far more sinister than anyone envisioned. A rare hybrid of vampire and werewolf, Riley Jenson and her twin brother, Rhoan, work for Melbourne’s Directorate of Other Races, an organization created to police the supernatural races–and protect humans from their depredations. While Rhoan is an exalted guardian, a.k.a. assassin, Riley is merely an office worker–until her brother goes missing on one of his missions. The timing couldn’t be worse. More werewolf than vampire, Riley is vulnerable to the moon heat, the weeklong period before the full moon, when her need to mate becomes all-consuming.… Luckily Riley has two willing partners to satisfy her every need. But she will have to control her urges if she’s going to find her brother….Easier said than done as the city pulses with frenzied desire, and Riley is confronted with a very powerful–and delectably naked–vamp who raises her temperature like never before. In matters carnal, Riley has met her match. But in matters criminal, she must follow her instincts not only to find her brother but to stop an unholy harvest. For someone is doing some shifty cloning in an attempt to produce the ultimate warrior–by tapping into the genome of nonhumans like Rhoan. Now Riley knows just how dangerous the world is for her kind–and just how much it needs her. From the Hardcover edition.… (more)

English (58)  Italian (2)  German (1)  All languages (61)
I don't know what it came over my mind when I picked this up from the library :/

At least I gave it a chance.. ( )
  Sara_Lucario | Oct 19, 2021 |
Sooo I began reading this series because
A. someone said that the main character was a woman who had no hang-ups about sex.
--> LOVED THAT!

B. It was cheap.

BUT

I did not loved it or sometimes even liked it. And like the very helpful person I am... I can't tell you why. Some of it has to do with the... dubcon-ish sex. Some of it had to do with the weirdass 'mystery' that seemed to be all over the place.

Sooo I don't know if I will continue reading this series. Part of me HAS TO but part of me thinks 'meh why should I?' ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
There's a *lot* of non-con going on. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
This book was pretty good, for what it was was. It is the beginning of a series and I never read any of the other books in the series, but it was not a half-bad take on the whole vampire, werewolf mythology.
This is written almost like a romance and is very heavy with sex scenes. ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |
I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this book on my first read-through. It really is quite fun.

This book spans a single week of time so it's able to cover events quite nicely. The scene is set well with all necessary information communicated but it doesn't feel 'forced' or 'omg..get ON with it'.

Yeah.. I do like this series.. definitely not high literature and doesn't drag me in compulsively... but perfect for a 'stay-in-bed lazy Sunday morning' ( )
  Damiella | Aug 18, 2020 |
The night was quiet.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,551,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible