Slave to Sensation

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling (1)

Nalini Singh dives into a world torn apart by a powerful race with phenomenal powers of the mind--and none of the heart. Born a Psy, Sascha Duncan must hide the emotions which mark her as flawed. But a passionate Changeling will tempt her to reveal everything--and risk her very soul.
    Prey by Melina Morel (encbks)
    encbks: The whole Psy-Changeling series is fantastic. Read it!!!!
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (rosamenz)
    rosamenz: top-notch paranormal romance written by an author with an equally good grasp of fantasy elements
    Ghostwalker 01. Die Spur der Katze by Michelle Raven (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Eine weitere Gestaltenwandlerserie mit Großkatzen.
    Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Dark Prince by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Shifters and Soul Mates

English (89)  German (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (93)
Loved it at least as much as when I read the print version! ( )
  Musscle | Jun 23, 2021 |
5 Stars! Loved It! "Slave to Sensation" drew me in and never let go. I could not put the book down. I liked how the author introduced us to the world she created and really enjoyed the characters. I can't wait to read on in this series. I also enjoyed how throughout the book we learn more and more about the different races (Psy's & Changeling's). It was a great read. ( )
  angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
Audio Review: Oct. 2017: I've previously read Slave to Sensation several times. I decided to give the audio version a try. I enjoyed the audio. It was different, entertaining, and gripping. I found myself being pulled in and not realizing how far along I was until I needed to stop. My only complaint/issue is with the male voices. I had trouble getting into them. They didn't sound right to me, but other then that, I loved Slave to Sensation. I'm going to grab the next audio in the Psy-Changeling series.

Audo Rating: 4 Stars

Reading Review: Sept. 2013: Loved It! Slave to Sensation drew me in and never let go. I could not put the book down. I liked how the author introduced us to the world she created and really enjoyed the characters. I can’t wait to read on in this series. I also enjoyed how throughout the book we learn more and more about the different races (Psy’s & Changeling’s). It was a great read!

Reading Rating: 5 Stars ( )
  angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
This is a world unlike any I've encountered before. It took me a little while to understand how it works, and there are still some things that are unclear (although that's on purpose on the author's part). The romance was okay, if a little too quick and easy, but I think it had to take a back seat to all the world-building. I liked Lucas and wish we'd gotten even more of his back story. The serial killer mystery was obvious from the get-go, but I can see how Sascha's unraveling of it is important for her character development. All in all, a very solid start to the series, and I look forward to continuing. ( )
  littlebookjockey | Sep 15, 2020 |
Wow, I'm on a first-book-in-the-series kick! This was another first book that lived up to the hype for me. I'm hoping the psy-changling world gets slowly built in time over the course of multiple books. I'd prefer not to have it frontloaded, and it wasn't. The romance was the focus and it was hot. I'd be totally fine visiting Lucas in my dreams too. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lachmann, NoraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilms, ElenaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one is for my wonderful editor, Cindy Hwang, and my awesome agent, Nephele Tempest, for being so enthusiastic about this book from the start, and as always for my family, for being there no matter what.
In an effort to reduce the overwhelming incidence of insanity and serial killing in the Psy population, the Psy Council decided, in the year 1969, to instigate a rigorous program called Silence.

In a world that denies emotions, where the ruling Psy punish any sign of desire, Sascha Duncan must conceal the feelings that brand her as flawed. To reveal them would be to sentence herself to the horror of “rehabilitation”—the complete psychic erasure of everything she ever was…

Both human and animal, Lucas Hunter is a Changeling hungry for the very sensations the Psy disdain. After centuries of uneasy coexistence, these two races are now on the verge of war over the brutal murders of several Changeling women. Lucas is determined to find the Psy killer who butchered his packmate, and Sascha is his ticket into their closely guarded society. But he soon discovers that this ice-cold Psy is very capable of passion—and that the animal in him is fascinated by her. Caught between their conflicting worlds, Lucas and Sascha must remain bound to their identities—or sacrifice everything for a taste of darkest temptation…

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,522,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible