Slave to Sensation

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling (1)

Nalini Singh dives into a world torn apart by a powerful race with phenomenal powers of the mind--and none of the heart. Born a Psy, Sascha Duncan must hide the emotions which mark her as flawed. But a passionate Changeling will tempt her to reveal everything--and risk her very soul.
    Prey by Melina Morel (encbks)
    encbks: The whole Psy-Changeling series is fantastic. Read it!!!!
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (rosamenz)
    rosamenz: top-notch paranormal romance written by an author with an equally good grasp of fantasy elements
    Ghostwalker: Die Spur der Katze by Michelle Raven (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Eine weitere Gestaltenwandlerserie mit Großkatzen.
    Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Dark Prince by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Shifters and Soul Mates

English (93)  German (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (97)
time of death 56% into the audiobook

I was incredibly bored ( )
  VeraBkLover | Dec 18, 2021 |
4.5 ( )
  ChelseaVK | Dec 10, 2021 |
3.5 stars but as a start to a new series, I really enjoyed this!

I had heard a bit about this series before diving in but I didn't really know much about this at all. I really enjoyed what I ended up getting. This series is somewhere between paranormal and sci-fi and I really liked that sort of setting. I've read some paranormal romance before but mostly on the vampire, werewolf, etc. side of thing. I really liked the Changeling in particular, though the Psy were very interesting as well. I look forward to finding more about these two different groups and the characters that were introduced in this book in later parts of this series.

I really liked Lucas as a love interest in this book. I also enjoyed Sascha, though she was a little less interesting to me. One thing that can happen in the first book of the series is that the author has to explain the world to us and sometimes that can take away from the romance in the first book. Luckily, I don't think that happened here. I think Singh did a great job using the romance and the overall plot to explain the world to us. I really liked seeing the developing relationship between Lucas and Sascha. I think with romances with mates can sometimes leave behind the actual development of the romance and just act like "they're mates, they don't need romantic development!" I really liked that we still see development happen and see Sascha and Lucas fall in love and also see Sascha develop on her own after seeing this new world.

I really enjoyed this first book and I'm excited to read more. I already have book two on hold at the library so I'll probably get to it pretty soon. This seems like a really interesting world and I want to see where it goes from here. ( )
  AKBouterse | Oct 14, 2021 |
My twin sister has been telling me to read this series for years and despite liking the other Nalini Singh's I had read I never got around to reading it. After reading these books I can't imagine why I hesitated to read them ; they are really good. The story is fresh and original, the writing style is engaging and the characters are so well written that you truly get invested in their lives. I have enjoyed all the books in this series psy, changeling and human as they are all fascinating in their own way. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Loved it at least as much as when I read the print version! ( )
  Musscle | Jun 23, 2021 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lachmann, NoraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilms, ElenaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one is for my wonderful editor, Cindy Hwang, and my awesome agent, Nephele Tempest, for being so enthusiastic about this book from the start, and as always for my family, for being there no matter what.
In an effort to reduce the overwhelming incidence of insanity and serial killing in the Psy population, the Psy Council decided, in the year 1969, to instigate a rigorous program called Silence.

In a world that denies emotions, where the ruling Psy punish any sign of desire, Sascha Duncan must conceal the feelings that brand her as flawed. To reveal them would be to sentence herself to the horror of “rehabilitation”—the complete psychic erasure of everything she ever was…

Both human and animal, Lucas Hunter is a Changeling hungry for the very sensations the Psy disdain. After centuries of uneasy coexistence, these two races are now on the verge of war over the brutal murders of several Changeling women. Lucas is determined to find the Psy killer who butchered his packmate, and Sascha is his ticket into their closely guarded society. But he soon discovers that this ice-cold Psy is very capable of passion—and that the animal in him is fascinated by her. Caught between their conflicting worlds, Lucas and Sascha must remain bound to their identities—or sacrifice everything for a taste of darkest temptation…

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,746,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible