Dark Prince

by Christine Feehan

Series: Dark Series (1)

2,088755,943 (3.7)1 / 76
Raven Whitney is a psychic who has used her gift to help the police track down a serial killer. Now she is determined to escape the glare of recent publicity for the peace and quiet of the Carpathian Mountains. Despite her own emotional fatigue, Raven finds herself connecting psychically to another wounded individual somewhere close by. Prince Mikhail Dubrinsky is the leader of his people but, as his ancient Carpathian race grows ever closer to extinction, he is close to giving in to the heavy weight of loneliness and despair. Then a female voice enters his mind and tries to console him. Intrigued, Mikhail becomes obsessed with finding this unusual human female. From the moment their minds touch, Raven and Mikhail form a connection. But there are those who incorrectly view all Carpathians as vampires, and are determined to give their extinction a helping hand.… (more)
    Dark Desire by Christine Feehan (evansriza)
    Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank (shanesuzanne)
    shanesuzanne: Hot & Steamy with the same soul/race saving mate/obsessive type of relationship with sexy male characters
    Dragon Heat [Book 1] by Ella J. Phoenix (BJ3568)
    BJ3568: This is a similar paranormal romance.
    If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: I don't mean to suggest either of these books are good (they are not) but if you do like Viehl's book (series), you'll like this one of Feehan's too. Both are dark and detailed and cheesy vampire stories.
    Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Shifters and Soul Mates

dnf @ 38%

i'm def never gonna finish this it's been weeks since i even thought about it tbh
  beethovensfruit | Aug 21, 2021 |
This book should have been titled The Adventures of Captain Controlling and The Personality Changing To Fit The Plot Woman. Watch them go through each part of the abusive relationship warning signs as though it's a bucket list. I rolled my eyes so much as I was listening to this (I do audiobooks at work, and that's the only way I was able to get through it) that I might have hurt myself.

Also, I found it terrible that everyone in the Carpathian Mountains, except for the priest, acted like Americans. Seriously. ( )
  taimoirai | Jun 25, 2021 |
Hmm. As vampire romances go, it's better than many I've encountered. Mikhail actually learns to temper his arrogance pretty quickly. Raven does get her mind twisted a lot, though (not by him, by circumstances and enemies). I read the extended version - Author's Cut; I think I might like the shorter one better, I was noticing myself being bored a few times. And there's some major editing misses near the end - two places where, within a page, the same half-paragraph is repeated almost word for word. Lots of sex scenes, but they're relatively abstract - not the recent style of writing down every touch and quiver, which I find rather boring. Overall, not bad; I'm at least mildly interested in reading the next in the series. It didn't totally grab me, but I didn't hate it the way I do most vampire romances - making it a complex culture helped. ( )
1 vote jjmcgaffey | Jan 3, 2021 |
I first tried reading this and after a chapter or two I had to put it down, I just wasn't feeling this kind of book at the time. But I had picked it up again, to give it a second chance and I'm glad I did, because it was quite a story. It was full of action, sex, and some sarcastic humor. I've heard this series is quite repetitious but that's ok, cause I can't read too many series books back to back. Especially not long series like this one. I also liked the short story Dark Descent although it had me a little confused about Gregori and being the lifemate of their princes daughter. Is she already born? How far after Dark Prince is Dark Descent is placed. Those are things that bugs me about books, they leave you with unanswered questions. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Wonderful weave of plotlines, definitely can see a reflection of the time it was written; after reading the entire series it was like coming home to old friends
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parker, JuanitaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He could no longer fool himself.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,516,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible