Dark Prince by Christine Feehan

Dark Prince

by Christine Feehan

Series: Dark Series (1)

1,986715,273 (3.69)1 / 70
In a vampire romance set in the Carpathian Mountains, a mysterious stranger appears in the life of an unsuspecting American psychic. Original.
    Dark Desire by Christine Feehan (evansriza)
    Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank (OmaRoses)
    OmaRoses: Hot & Steamy with the same soul/race saving mate/obsessive type of relationship with sexy male characters
    Dragon Heat [Book 1] by Ella J. Phoenix (BJ3568)
    BJ3568: This is a similar paranormal romance.
    If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: I don't mean to suggest either of these books are good (they are not) but if you do like Viehl's book (series), you'll like this one of Feehan's too. Both are dark and detailed and cheesy vampire stories.
    Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Shifters and Soul Mates

Wonderful weave of plotlines, definitely can see a reflection of the time it was written; after reading the entire series it was like coming home to old friends
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I don't like giving up on books, but there are often good reasons for me to do that, either the book just doesn’t work for me at the moment or the book just doesn’t work at all for me. For me was this book the later on and I read about 100 pages before I decided to throw in the towel.  This book just didn’t work for me mainly because the main character Mikhail just made me mad. I can’t stand a character that is so annoying to read about, from his Raven in his woman nobody shall touch her attitude to his let’s make Raven do as I will by hypnotizing her so that I can have sex with her even if she is not completely willing. I like bad boys, but I don’t like asholes and sorry Mikhail is an ashole!

So if you still feel that this book is for you go ahead and read it. Maybe I’m just picky when it comes to men in books.

Thank you Piatkus for providing me with a free copy for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
Dark Prince was a mixed bag of goods. I agree with most of what readers say about the domineering,stalkery hero and the heroine who wouldn't stick to her guns. I also found the book very entertaining at times. About two thirds of the way through, it seems the author ran out of material, so there was lots of explaining dialogue and lots of filler s*x, that just had me skimming. Nice evil vampire and minions conflict towards the end and somewhat happy resolution. One still wonders- why not just build underground bomb-like shelters under their houses for added protection? It averaged out to 3/5 stars for me. I consider this somewhat of a rocky start, but would continue with the series. ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
I struggled to get into this book. Mikhail and Raven's relationship is toxic. He is demanding and domineering; not in the attractive alpha way. Thankfully, Raven calls him on it and recognizes that his behavior is not okay. There is a LOT of sex in the first 1/2 of the book. I don't mind sex, but this felt over the top, especially since Raven was a virgin. I think the excessive sex slowed the actual plot down a great deal. Once they got past the mating and all the ridiculous sex, the plot was actually interesting. I really like Feehan's take on 'vampires' and she has created a really fascinating world. I certainly plan to continue with this series! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
DNF ( )
  Rhian.Liberatore | Mar 20, 2018 |
enjoy different things and some of our travel have to reflect the fact that.

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parker, JuanitaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He could no longer fool himself.

He came to her in the night, a predator -- strength and power chiseled his features. The seduction was deep and elemental; he affected her soul. His need. His darkness. His terrible haunting loneliness. Her senses aroused, she craved the dangerous force of his body. Burned for him. And he had only touched her with his mind.

She came to him at dawn, his bleakest hour. As the beast raged inside him, threatening to consume him, he vented his centuries-old despair in an anguished cry that filled the waning night. And she answered, a ray of light, piercing his darkness. A beautiful angel. Her compassion, courage, and innocence awakened in him an exquisite longing and tenderness. He knew he must possess her, for only she could tame his savage side and lift the dark shadow from his soul. Apart they were desolate, bereft. Intertwined physically and spiritually, they could heal one another and experience an eternity of nights filled with love.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,947,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible