From the Inside Out: Radical Gender…

From the Inside Out: Radical Gender Transformation, FTM and Beyond (2004)

by Morty Diamond

I give this book 1.5 stars only for the essays by Cj Gross and Patrick Skater. There are some other adequate pieces, but the chaff really has overpowered the wheat in this anthology. I seriously question if every single piece that was submitted was included, 'editing' be damned. Especially grating were the whining, faux-intellectual 'essay' by Dean Spade, and the tedious all-about-me-fest of Juan-Alejandro Lamas. ( )
  mileena | Apr 2, 2007 |
This is the first book I read after finally coming out to myself and acknowledging that I am FtM. I really enjoyed the pieces in this book. Very helpful at a difficult time for me. I particularly liked 'Often' by Mac McCord and 'My Gender Tale' by Cj Gross. Good stuff. ( )
  Transflake | Dec 10, 2006 |
Collection of essays by female-bodied people who do not fit the female standard and are trying to reconceptualize the idea of "FTM" and what gender means. ( )
  dancingwaves | Jul 4, 2006 |
A good collection of essays by genderqueer folk about what it means to (not) identify as FtM in a world that sees gender in the binary. ( )
1 vote feminist_prof | Jun 21, 2006 |

Born female yet little identified with that gender, these transgender, genderqueer, third gender, and gender variant writers offer personal insights into changing gender identity, dating, workplace issues, and more. This book shines light on those who identify as FTM (female to male) and also illuminates those whose gender is more fluid, proving that biology doesn’t control destiny.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:25 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,651,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible