Feast: Food to Celebrate Life

by Nigella Lawson

'Food is the vital way we celebrate anything that matters. It's how we mark the connections between us; how we celebrate life.' A feast for the eyes and the senses, Feastis a must for every kitchen, in the tradition of Nigella's classic How to Eat. Whether you're hosting Christmas dinner, planning a wedding or having a children's party, you'll find a deliciously simple recipe for any occasion. With warm and witty food writing, clear recipes and ingredients lists and a beautiful hardback design, this is a book you will treasure for many years as well as a delicious gift for friends and family. Thanksgiving and Christmas - turkey and ham, mince pies and Christmas cake... and everything in between New Year - indulgent dinner menus for friends and family Meatless feasts - mouthwatering vegetarian recipes that everyone will love Valentine's day - romantic dinner ideas for two Easter - slow-cooked lamb, hot cross buns and indulgent baking Passover - Seder night suppers and feasts Breakfast - something delicious for everyone, from how to boil eggs to morning muffins Kitchen feasts - everyday celebrations- suppers for friends and family meals Kiddie feast - delicious and healthy recipes for kids Chocolate cake hall of fame - a chocolate cake recipe for every occasion Eid - a fast-breaking curry banquet of Mughlai chicken curry, pheasant and lamb Breakfast - something delicious for everyone, from how to boil eggs to morning muffins Ultimate feasts -roast chicken, homemade burgers, steak, apple pie and other home comforts Hallowe'en - party food and spooky treats Rosh Hashana - food for sharing to celebrate the Jewish New Year A Venetian feast - glorious Italian recipes for the ultimate banquet Festival of lights - indulgent baking recipes for a happy Hannukah Partytime - party food ideas that go beyond the sausage roll Midnight feast - deliciously easy recipes to satisfy those late-night cravings, from carbonara to alcoholic hot chocolate Wedding feast - wedding ideas for the perfect banquet… (more)

I love this book. Her recipes can be read as essays. Great bedtime reading, really! ( )
  RosanaDR | Apr 15, 2021 |
Something I should purchase one day. ( )
  OonaOKnit | Jun 26, 2014 |
Best chocolate guiness cake ever. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
Probably my second favourite Nigella Lawson cookbook (after [b:How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking|39542|How to Be a Domestic Goddess Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking|Nigella Lawson|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1169298594s/39542.jpg|39249]. There's a recipe here for almost every occasion. Some of the recipes in this book I've used so often that I know them off by heart and could probably do them in my sleep. (Chocolate Honey Cake, I'm talking about you!) ( )
  KimMR | Apr 2, 2013 |
I am so fond of this book. I have cooked only a few recipies from it thus far (more to come, certainly) which have been lovely.

More than that though I love it's tone and unusual organization. There is (thank heaven) an index for those seraching for a particular thing. The book is organized around the occasions for Feasts from the obvious - Christmas and birthdays - to the less obvious but equally important - funerals and kitchen dinners with friends.

This one has spent time both in my kitchen and on my bedside table and cookbooks which are welcome in both places are my favourites. ( )
  literaryknits | Jan 5, 2010 |

Lawson, Nigellaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Merrell, JamesPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 172,024,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible