Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking (1992)

by Marcella Hazan

1,3912011,477 (4.45)16
The most important, consulted, and enjoyed Italian cookbook of all time, from the woman who introduced Americans to a whole new world of Italian food.  Essentials of Italian Cooking is a culinary bible for anyone looking to master the art of Italian cooking, bringing together Marcella Hazan's most beloved books, The Classic Italian Cook Book and More Classic Italian Cooking, in a single volume, updated and expanded with new entries and 50 new recipes. Designed as a basic manual for cooks of all levels of expertise--from beginners to accomplished professionals--it offers both an accessible and comprehensive guide to techniques and ingredients and a collection of the most delicious recipes from the Italian repertoire. As home cooks who have used Marcella's classic books for years (and whose copies are now splattered and worn) know, there is no one more gifted at teaching us just what we need to know about the taste and texture of a dish and how to achieve it, and there is no one more passionate and inspiring about authentic Italian food.… (more)
    Mastering the Art of French Cooking [Volume 1] by Julia Child (sturlington)
    sturlington: If you have both these cookbooks, then you have everything you need to know about cooking French and Italian food.

This has turned into my Go-to cookbook when wanted real Italian food. ( )
1 vote Christilee394 | Jan 24, 2022 |
Awesome, marvelous Italian cookbook with character and depth. ( )
  rodweston | Apr 23, 2020 |
One of the best cookbooks I've read. I imagine I'll keep revisiting this one. It is the only book I have that deserves it's spot next to Mastering the Art of French Cooking. ( )
  Adrian_Astur_Alvarez | Dec 3, 2019 |
  Adrian_Astur_Alvarez | Dec 3, 2019 |
ho visto questo libro negli USA ed ero molto tentata ad acquistarlo...... mi sono frenata per via del peso eccessivo che mi avrebbe creato nella valigia.....
trovato qui su Amazon e preso al volo direttamente in italia..... viene un pò da ridere che un'italiana vada a comprare un libro di cucina Italiana dedicato al mercato USA..... nulla di piu' sbagliato!!!!
ne ho provate tante di ricette e tutte mi sono riuscite benissimo..... ricette delle varie tradizioni regionali ,raccolte e rivisitate dalla grandissima Marcella Hazan.... non vi e' nulla di americanizzato, tutto assolutamente e tradizionalmente italiano...... non sono solo ricette e morta lì.... per per ognuna trovate suggerimenti diretti per la preparazione, come e quando prepara lei la ricetta.... quali teglie e tegami e' meglio utilizzare..raccontando e ricordando eventi piacevoli della sua giovinezza in Italia.
insomma non e' un libro di cucina tipico, ma un vero racconto di vita...
l'unità di misura adottata prevalente sono in cups e questo rende le preparazioni piu' facili e dirette..... se non avete difficoltà con l'inglese ve lo consiglio!!!
  Mandane75 | Nov 16, 2018 |
Preface:  Those who are acquainted with The Classic Italian Cook Book and Classic Italian Cooking may well wonder what those recipes are doing here, between a single pair of covers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,245,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible