Dark Harvest

by Norman Partridge

5613442,595 (3.69)1 / 29
Fiction. Horror. HTML:

Soon to be a major motion picture!
Norman Partridge's Bram Stoker Award-winning novel, Dark Harvest, is a powerhouse thrill-ride with all the resonance of Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery."

Halloween, 1963. They call him the October Boy, or Ol' Hacksaw Face, or Sawtooth Jack. Whatever the name, everybody in this small Midwestern town knows who he is. How he rises from the cornfields every Halloween, a butcher knife in his hand, and makes his way toward town, where gangs of teenage boys eagerly await their chance to confront the legendary nightmare. Both the hunter and the hunted, the October Boy is the prize in an annual rite of life and death.
Pete McCormick knows that killing the October Boy is his one chance to escape a dead-end future in this one-horse town. He's willing to risk everything, including his life, to be a winner for once. But before the night is over, Pete will look into the saw-toothed face of horrorâ??and discover the terrifying true secret of the October Boy . . .
"This is contemporary American writing at its finest."â??Publishers Weekly (starred review) on Dark Harvest
At the Publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied
… (more)

Group TopicMessagesLast Message
 This Is Halloween...: DARK HARVEST by Norman Partridge6 unread / 6BookBindingBobby, July 2009

It was a quick and reasonably entertaining Halloween themed read, but it wasn't scary and I still don't know why any of that brouhaha was necessary to the town. ( )
  autumndragyn | Nov 23, 2023 |
This is what would happen if The Lottery were written by a man. ( )
  Citizenjoyce | Oct 19, 2023 |
Fast paced, small town horror. At just over 150 pages this story is succinct and jumps right into the action.

I think small towns with dark secrets may be my favorite horror trope. ( )
  LynnMPK | Jul 1, 2023 |
I got bored halfway through ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 30, 2022 |
4.5. Really enjoyed the story. I listened to the audiobook since that’s all my library had but sometimes I liked the person reading and sometimes I didn’t. It depended on the character and the tone at times. Not terrible to listen to but his female voice irked me. ( )
  bookburner451 | Nov 19, 2022 |

Norman Partridgeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Foster, JonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ed Gorman
A Midwestern town. You know its name. You were born here.

Fiction. Horror. HTML:

Soon to be a major motion picture!

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,080,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible