Ice Whine and Irish Cheddar by Judy Volhart

Ice Whine and Irish Cheddar

by Judy Volhart

Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Culinary cozy mystery with recipes.
    Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Cozy mystery with recipes

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It was a quick fun read. Liked the main characters as well as the Mali's friend circle. As this book referred to some incidents from book 1 in the series, which I have not read, at times it did feel like I was missing some details (but not so much that I wouldn't be able to enjoy it :-) ).
It did feel like I've read something similar earlier, with differences in the location/settings/etc of course. This led me to wonder that I have been reading too may cozy mysteries lately (will switch it up :-)) ( )
  RinkuGeeyo | Jun 27, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Ice Whine and Irish Cheddar (Whine & Cheese Cozy Mystery Series) by, Judy Volhart
What a fun read!!! I have to admit, once I picked it up, I didn’t set it back down. I loved the characters; they were very relatable and approachable. It was a believable mystery and it easily swayed the pendulum from humor to suspense. I will be eagerly reading her next mystery as soon as it comes out! ( )
  CindyJameson | May 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Amalia Kis is back in yet another tasty mystery. When Amalia finds her competitor's nephew dead in her garage, she swears she won't get involved again (She still has that concussion, after all). But she will reminded that once you start asking questions, getting involved is the least of her problems. I love this second installment of the Whine and Cheese series and can't wait for the next one! ( )
  yafa2218 | May 15, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick, fun book set in a community just outside of Ottawa, Ontario. I am familiar with the region and it was fun to read about common winter activities in the area where the book is set.

The plot was well developed and the characters had depth. There were many competing pieces to the story. There were some great recipes, intrigue, mystery, strong women, family tensions (not fully developed), mental health (also not developed and perhaps not necessary), health, quirky friends and romance. It is in the genre of Janet Evanovich and Joanna Fluke but not as tightly written.

I did find it a little hard to start reading but after the first 5 chapters I was engaged. ( )
  Jenniferjhogan | May 11, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a fast read mystery that I enjoy so much. I really enjoyed the storyline between Matt and Amalia. The actual mystery storyline was a little convulsed for me, but I still enjoyed it and would recommend it. Thank you to library thing for the eRly copy ( )
  EdithR | May 9, 2017 |
Turning to face Matt, I leaned forward for a long kiss.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Judy Volhart's book Ice Whine and Irish Cheddar (Whine & Cheese Cozy Mystery Series: Book 2) is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,160,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible