Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (1972)

by Judith Viorst

On a day when everything goes wrong for him, Alexander is consoled by the thought that other people have bad days too.

This book shows students it is ok to have a bad day, but the way you react is what will define you. ( )
  MegGordon | Sep 14, 2021 |
Alexander knew it was going to be a terrible day when he woke up with gum in this hair. And it got worse...
  BLTSbraille | Sep 2, 2021 |
"Teacher's Helper", Gr 1, Dec/Jan 2008-2009
  AprilGraziano | Jul 26, 2021 |
(see copy 1) ( )
  librisissimo | Jun 26, 2021 |
For Robert Lescher, with love and thanks.
I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

People of all ages have terrible, horrible days, and Alexander offers us the cranky commiseration we crave as well as a reminder that things may not be all that bad.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,558,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible