The Lost Bookshop

by Evie Woods

The Keeper of Stories meets The Lost Apothecary in this evocative and charming novel full of mystery and secrets. "The thing about books,' she said 'is that they help you to imagine a life bigger and better than you could ever dream of." On a quiet street in Dublin, a lost bookshop is waiting to be found... For too long, Opaline, Martha and Henry have been the side characters in their own lives. But when a vanishing bookshop casts its spell, these three unsuspecting strangers will discover that their own stories are every bit as extraordinary as the ones found in the pages of their beloved books. And by unlocking the secrets of the shelves, they find themselves transported to a world of wonder...where nothing is as it seems.… (more)

English (22)  Dutch (1)  All languages (23)
Wow, my last two book in hand reads have been…I’ll call it now…two of my favorites reads of the year! I loved this book and could not put it down…I just wanted to read, read, read and find out what was going to happen next! Again, a smidge of magic with a solid storyline and I’m in love. My next read has some tough competition ( )
  snewell2 | Jun 24, 2024 |
The Lost Bookshop was a delightful summer diversion. I was drawn in by the intertwined stories of Opaline and Martha. Who was the mysterious Madame Bowden? Would love to hear your thoughts. ( )
  KoestK | Jun 7, 2024 |
3.5 stars

A mysterious vanishing bookshop and the women who’s lives it touches throughout time.
To be honest, the magical realism bits were a touch confusing, didn’t quite understand what was going on but I like the bookish content.
The males POV felt totally superfluous.
Deals a lot with domestic & familial abuse.
Would probably make a decent movie. ( )
  spiritedstardust | Jun 1, 2024 |
This was the strangest book I have ever read. With every chapter involving a different character it was difficult to follow this story. ( )
  CandyH | May 31, 2024 |
Dedicated "To all the book lovers" which certainly includes me, the book has been well received - yet, while I enjoyed passages of the work, the overall impression left me largely unmoved. The three main characters I get, the short chapters worked well, the converging story lines were largely obvious, but the time shifts and quasi science fiction elements left me nonplussed. ( )
  DramMan | May 31, 2024 |
To all the book lovers
The rainy streets of Dublin on a cold winter's day were no place for a young boy to dawdle, unless that very same boy had his nose pressed up against the window of the most fascinating bookshop.

"The thing about books," she said "is that they help you to imagine a life bigger and better than you could ever dream of."

On a quiet street in Dublin, a lost bookshop is waiting to be found…

But when a vanishing bookshop casts its spell, these three unsuspecting strangers will discover that their own stories are every bit as extraordinary as the ones found in the pages of their beloved books. And by unlocking the secrets of the shelves, they find themselves transported to a world of wonder… where nothing is as it seems.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,378,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible