Maid for Murder (Charlotte LaRue Mystery…

Maid for Murder (Charlotte LaRue Mystery Series, Book 1)

by Barbara Colley

Charming cozy about self sufficient woman, Charlotte, who started her own cleaning business in New Orleans and raised her son to be a doctor.
Marred by two dozen typos seemingly caused by OCR conversion and not caught. ( )
  nospi | Feb 7, 2016 |
Formulaic cozy mystery starring a 59 year old who runs a cleaning service in New Orleans. I bought the book years ago after meeting the author in my bookstore (she was looking for something to read and I happened to be the bookseller who helped her). She was so personable that I decided to pick up her book.

I enjoyed it, not so much because of the actual mystery, but because of the location. It was fun knowing exactly what and where the author refers when she mentions specific locations, businesses and eateries. The story itself held my interest and I had a good time reading it. If I come across the second in the series, I will pick it up as well.

Recommended for lovers of the cozy mystery. ( )
  enemyanniemae | Nov 8, 2015 |
Great start to this series, I "figured it out" early but I was wrong! On to the next one! ( )
  cougargirl1967 | Jan 17, 2015 |
I do love when I find a new-to-me series that I love. And this amateur sleuth series definitely fits that bill.
I like the stories that take place in New Orleans as they seem to always have that Gothic feel, even this cozy has that tinge of dark edge to it.
The main character, Charlotte, is an intelligent person, has her own business, wants grandchildren from her son, ties on her walking shoes each morning before it gets too hot for her 30 minute walk....and she wants to find out who killed the husband of one of her clients. This part of an amateur sleuth book can come off as forced at times, but this one didn't at all. She wants to help her client and friend by using the information she knows from the behind the scenes look she gets as a housecleaner for the rich. Information that the police can't discover, but she can to hopefully solve the mystery.
The edge of Gothic is in all of the excellently surprising dark twists that occur as the book continues. Shivery good all the way to the end. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.
Five shivery Gothic beans...... ( )
  Squeex | Jun 17, 2010 |
The first in a series of Charlotte LaRue who has a housecleaning service but is also an amateur detective. ( )
  reeread | Sep 26, 2009 |

Mystery featuring maid Charlotte LaRue.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,566,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible