Evil Genius (2005)

by Catherine Jinks

Series: Evil Genius (1)

Child prodigy Cadel Piggot, an antisocial computer hacker, discovers his true identity when he enrolls as a first-year student at an advanced crime academy.

This book is an old favorite but it definitely has some aspects that aren't handled great. The depiction of autism is problematic, not maliciously I think but still not great. As far as I know its decent rep for cerebral palsy though a bit cliche. ( )
1 vote mutantpudding | Dec 26, 2021 |
i decided to pick this up after i remembered i’d had to abandon it years ago (due to moving away from the library i’d checked it out of), and i’m so glad i did! i love the unique characters and plot line so much. so excited to pick the next book up! ( )
  Akacya | Feb 28, 2021 |
So boring, I couldn't even finish it. I gave it about 150 pages and nothing had happened, I felt no connection to the characters, adn i didn't really care what happened to them. ( )
  amandabock | Dec 10, 2019 |
Evil Genius
(Genius #1)
by Catherine Jinks
I listened to the audible version from the library and the narration was excellent! The whole book was too notch! There were so many twists! I fell in love with the book right away. A genius boy who is lonely and gets into trouble more from boredom than meanness. At the age of 7 he is a hacker and lands him in big trouble. From there... Life just gets worse while he is suppose to be getting help! ( )
1 vote MontzaleeW | Sep 6, 2018 |
A lot scarier, darker and for a more mature audience than I was expecting based on the cover and the synopsis. Quite a lot of swearing and violence. Good discussion material about nature vs nurture and how much control do we have in who we are and who we become. ( )
1 vote wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

To Robert Jinks,
Without whose
Professor Gangrene Doll
This book would not
have been written
Cadel Piggott was just seven years old when he first met Thaddeus Roth.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,864,953 books! | Top bar: Always visible