Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths (1962)

by Ingri D'Aulaire, Edgar Parin d'Aulaire

A collection of Greek myths. "For any child fortunate enough to have this generous book...the kings and heroes of ancient legend will remain forever matter-of-fact; the pictures interpret the text literally and are full of detail and witty observation."--Horn Book. "The drawings...are excellent and excitingly evocative."--The New York Times. From the Hardcover edition.… (more)
Recently added byprivate library, AnnyQbody, occlith, marylou81, jlaharms, UUBNGnagey, IALibrary, calo2727

I love this book. This is the source of my love of Greek and Roman myths. The illustrations are beautiful, and all the main myths are included. ( )
  librarymeanslove | Oct 1, 2020 |
The D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths is an outstanding introduction to Greek Mythology. It will catch the attention of all readers, big and small. It is an incredibly comprehensive retelling of the old stories. Students will long remember the gods and all of their ancient Greek world. Possible side effects might include telling people facts about mythology that they did not ask for, correcting Greek pronunciation, and raiding library shelves for other books on ancient myths. Beware. ( )
  BethParker | Jul 13, 2020 |
I can't even guess how many times I read this when I was a kid. I haven't read it since, but I loved it so much at the time. I should probably buy my own copy for nostalgia's sake, if nothing else. (Plus, the illustrations are great.) ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |
292.13
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
Beautifully illustrated portrayal of greek myths ( )
  AccyP | Jan 12, 2019 |

Ingri D'Aulaireprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parin d'Aulaire, Edgarmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Broderick, MatthewNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Newman, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Poitier, SidneyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Turner, KathleenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,545,025 books! | Top bar: Always visible