HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Do You Want to Be My Friend? (1976)

by Eric Carle

A mouse searches everywhere for a friend.

Another favorite. This one with *very* few words, and the perfect fulfillment of expectations and hopes. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
I love Eric Carle and I really enjoyed this book. I just love the illustrations that go along with this book. This book is about a mouse that wants to be friends with all types of other animals. The way this book is presented from an illustration standpoint allows a teacher to incorporate prediction while reading this book to the class. The book shows you the tail of the animal that will be shown when you turn the page. This is nearly a wordless picture book that goes off of the illustration to tell the story. I just love it! I used this book in a lesson plan about teaching children how to predict what would come next. ( )
  krichard | Apr 29, 2020 |
"Do You Want to Be My Friend?" is a wordless picture book. Personally I think books like these are wonderful for students, because even if they can't read they can look at the pictures and make up their own story using their imagination. I love Eric Carle's illustrations, in this book, the illustrations help tell the story and guide you through the book. ( )
  deannalowe | Nov 24, 2019 |
A little mouse meets a horsd, an alligator, a lion, a hippopotamus, a seal, a monkey, a peacock, a fox, a kangaroo, a giraffe, and a snake as he bravely looks to find a friend in this nearly wordless book. It is a good book for child and reader to make up a story as pages are turned.
  wichitafriendsschool | Mar 4, 2017 |
A wonderful puzzle of a picture book, this wordless wonder would work well in story time. Pose the question of the title, then encourage the audience to study each tail and figure out what animal the friend-seeking mouse will find on the next page. I love how the green grass (spoiler alert!) morphs into a snake and the mouse finds a friend just in time to retreat together.
  rarewren | Jan 31, 2017 |
For Felix
Do you want to be my friend?

A mouse searches everywhere for a friend.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,981,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible