HomeGroupsTalkExplore

The Sandman: The Kindly Ones (1996)

by Neil Gaiman

Other authors: Karen Berger (Editor), Richard Case (Illustrator), D'Israeli (Illustrator), Glyn Dillon (Illustrator), Marc Hempel (Illustrator)9 more, Todd Klein (Letterer), Teddy Kristiansen (Illustrator), Dave McKean (Cover artist), Sheila Metzner (Contributor), Kevin Nowlan (Illustrator), Dean Ormston (Illustrator), Shelly Roeberg (Editor), Charles Vess (Illustrator), Daniel Vozzo (Colorist)

Series: The Sandman (09 (Issues 57-69, Vertigo Jam 1)), The Sandman {1989-1996} (TPB, issues 57–69)

Written by Neil Gaiman; Art by Mark Hempel, Teddy Kristiansen, and various; Painted Cover by Dave McKean Distraught by the kidnapping and presumed death of her son, and believing Morpheus to be responsible, Lyta Hall calls the ancient wrath of the Furies down upon him. A former superheroine blames Morpheus for the death of her child and summons an ancient curse of vengeance against the Lord of Dream. The "kindly ones" enter his realm and force a sacrifice that will change the Dreaming forever.… (more)

English (64)  French (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Danish (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (68)
Perfection. ( )
  Harks | Dec 17, 2022 |
Bammm! Finally. Yeah, a lot of threads, and I definitely did not follow every single one. But yeah, it's fun. ( )
  cwebb | Dec 12, 2022 |
Wow! I loved this volume. Definitely one of the best. It was very sad, but also expected. This series has really, really changed my mind on comics. I used to have no interest in them whatsoever, but this series has really made me rethink that. You CAN have good literature in comics...they're not all for pimple-faced teenage boys. This series is a joy. ( )
  Anniik | Nov 26, 2022 |
I had problems following this in parts because it harks back to and ties up some of the very early episodes which I don't really remember much of. ( )
  Robertgreaves | Mar 28, 2022 |
This is by far the most fucked-up sandman volume I've ever read. I don't even know how to rate it. Seriously. I think I'll try again later, it's late and it's time for me to dream.
  Leonardo_ | Oct 29, 2021 |

Roeberg, ShellyEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vess, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vozzo, DanielColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kahan, BobEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There's a dream in which huge faceless women with wolves astride them are chewing at my entrails and legs.
Now I'm just taking things easy. Playing a little piano, and running the best damned nightclub in this whole City of the Angels.

Collects "The Castle" and "The Kindly Ones" parts 1-13, originally published in Vertigo Jam #1 and The Sandman #57-69.
dream of the endless / learns he was a shitty dad / can't change, so he dies (elahrairah)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,782,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible