dismiss

Winnie-the-Pooh

by A. A. Milne

Other authors: E.H. Shepard (Illustrator)

Series: Winnie-the-Pooh (1)

The adventures of Christopher Robin and his friends, in which Pooh Bear uses a balloon to get honey, Piglet meets a Heffalump, and Eeyore has a birthday.
    The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (gilberts)
    A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Another British children's book about bears. Both bears are very well-meaning but always seem to end up getting into all kinds of scrapes. They also share a lot of wisdom through the stories which makes them great books for adults to read and enjoy as well as children.… (more)
    Owly Volume 1: The Way Home & The Bittersweet Summer by Andy Runton (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Owly reminds me most of the Winnie the Pooh TV cartoons, but the book as well.
    Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear by Lindsay Mattick (inge87)
    Ponder and William by Barbara Softly (bookel)

English (168)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (171)
An absolute classic, and deservedly so. Lovely story with perfect illustrations. ( )
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Celebrity Death Match review in which Hamlet and Winnie demonstrate their people skills in a job interview at a secondhand car lot.

Who would YOU buy a used car from?

or

bringbackbooks | Jun 16, 2020 |
A delightful collection of stories for any age. They encapsulate the mind of a child and the adventures they create. It tells of the stories that fathers recount for their sons, and manages to put in some charming wit for anyone that isn't Christopher Robin's age. It's a classic. ( )
  peterbmacd | May 16, 2020 |
To be honest, reading this story broke my heart. See, the Disney variant of Pooh is something etched in my mind ever since I was a child. My parents had never read these stories to me, so I was excited to finally have an excuse to see the source material for these characters. Do not get me wrong; the characters all act as they do in the Disney version (sans Tigger who is not included).

My problem comes from the fact that none of the stories felt to build to anything, and made me ask ‘Who Cares?’ when reading them. I kept feeling that any of these adventures could have been the last, and the only reason it stops when it does is because the author got bored. Maybe once I get past the shock of the differences, I can try to get through this collection again since the stories are not poorly written or anything like that. For now, though, I have no interest in checking it or the sequels out from my library. ( )
  TNAEWWF123 | Apr 27, 2020 |
A delightful children’s book I never read as a child or to a child. Never too late and not a minute too soon. ( )
  dasam | Mar 19, 2020 |

Zabulica-Diordiev, VioletaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Her

Hand in hand we come

Christopher Robin and I

To lay this book in your lap.

Say you're surprised?

Say you like it?

Say it's just what you wanted?

Because it's yours--

Because we love you.
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast,” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said. (160)
So Kanga and Roo stayed in the Forest. And every Tuesday Roo spent the day with his great friend Rabbit, and every Tuesday Kanga spent the day with her great friend Pooh, teaching him to jump, and every Tuesday Piglet spent the day with his great friend Christopher Robin. So they were all happy again. (109)
[Piglet] is jealous because he thinks Pooh is having a Grand Introduction all to himself. Pooh is the favourite, of course, there’s no denying it, but Piglet comes in for a good many things which Pooh misses; because you can’t take Pooh to school without everybody knowing it, but Piglet is so small that he slips into a pocket, where it is very comfortable to feel him… and in this way he has got more education than Pooh, but Pooh doesn’t mind. Some have brains, and some haven’t, he says, and there it is. (ii-iii)
The isbn 0525430350 is associated with an unabridged version of "Winnie-the-Pooh", not Disney's "Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger".

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,063,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible