Reformed Doctrine of Predestination (1932)

by Loraine Boettner

One of the 20th-century's most reasoned explanations of the sovereignty of God and the Reformed interpretation of salvation. "Whoever really wants to know what Calvinism teaches cannot do better than to read this book from cover to cover".--United Presbyterian magazine.

Here is my critical review of Boettner's book:

I write this review from a non-Calvinist perspective. I discovered a review from this fellow, who I think makes a fair criticism of Bottner's work from a Reformed-Calvinist perspective:

“Boettner was trying to do the right thing but suffered from such a narrow
understanding of the subject. This is perhaps the first major use of ‘TULIP’
to explain predestination. It lacks the larger covenantal context, as well as
any well-informed explanation of moderate Calvinism. The exegesis is
strained as well. This book is historic but flawed” (Steven Wedgeworth)
  Cduncster | Feb 25, 2018 |
One of my favourite books! It helped me in understanding the breadth and depth of the Reformed faith. I highly recommend it. ( )
  Adewoye | Feb 20, 2014 |
Classic defense of the Reformed faith, specifically Calvinism. Good rebuttals of common objections. ( )
  lougheryweb | Nov 11, 2005 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,593,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible