Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Griffin & Sabine: An Extraordinary…

Griffin & Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence

by Nick Bantock

Series: Griffin & Sabine (Book 1)

S. by Doug Dorst (dizzyweasel)
    dizzyweasel: Interactive letter writing between two persons who become romantically involved without meeting. Real letters, postcards interspersed throughout.
    Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book by Terry Jones (wosret)
    Palimpsest by Catherynne M. Valente (kalexa)
    Brave on the Rocks: If You Don't Go, You Don't See by Sabrina Ward Harrison (derelicious)
    The Adventuress by Audrey Niffenegger (Hibou8)

English (60)  French (1)  All languages (61)
I am so glad I got all three of the books in this trilogy from the library. So! Good! I love the format, with real envelopes in the book with letters inside. Not only am I craving the next two books, I'm also craving real paper correspondence. Then again, even if I did deocorate an envelope, or make my own postcard, it wouldn't hold a candle to the artistry in these books. ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
A very different kind of story. I liked the novelty of opening up the envelopes to read some of the correspondence. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |
I often read this trilogy for its beautiful graphics and intriguing story. However, each time is different. I've been enjoying this epistolar adventure since the 90s an I always get surprised.
Getting ready to read the next trilogy. Can´t wait to get it on the mail. ( )
  igranados | Feb 2, 2018 |
This book is the exact kind of art I've always dreamed of making, or reading. All the thumbs up. ( )
  mrgan | Oct 30, 2017 |
Loved it!! The first in a series that follows the love of Griffin and Sabine. The artwork is amazing and the story flows through the artwork. It's a beautiful picture books for adults with pieces of ephemera throughout the series. ( )
  bnbookgirl | Oct 29, 2017 |

Nick Bantockprimary authorall editionscalculated
Goddijn, AnnekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Turning and turning in...
For Kim Kasasian
Griffin Moss It's good to get in touch with you at last.
"Pain and beauty, our constant bedfellows"
Griffin: It's good to get in touch with you at last. Could I have one of your fish postcards? I think you were right—the wine glass has more impact than the cup. —Sabine
This is the standard edition of "Griffin & Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence". Please do NOT combine with the limited anniversary edition as it contains extra content.

Griffin: It's good to get in touch with you at last. Could I have one of your fish postcards? I think you were right -- the wine glass has more impact than the cup. --Sabine

But Griffin had never met a woman named Sabine. How did she know him? How did she know his artwork? Who is she? Thus begins the strange and intriguing correspondence of Griffin and Sabine. And since each letter must be pulled from its own envelope, the reader has the delightful, forbidden sensation of reading someone else's mail. Griffin & Sabine is like no other illustrated novel: appealing to the poet and artist in everyone and sure to inspire a renaissance in the fine art of letter-writing, it tells an extraordinary story in an extraordinary way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:41 -0400)

It all started with a mysterious and seemingly innocent postcard, but from that point nothing was to remain the same in the life of Griffin Moss, a quiet, solitary artist living in London. His logical, methodical world was suddenly turned upside down by a strangely exotic woman living on a tropical island thousands of miles away. Who is Sabine? How can she "see" what Griffin is painting when they have never met? Is she a long-lost twin? A clairvoyant? Or a malevolent angel? Are we witnessing the flowering of a magical relationship or a descent into madness? This stunning visual novel unfolds in a series of postcards and letters, all brilliantly illustrated with whimsical designs, bizarre creatures, and darkly imagined landscapes. Inside the book, Griffin and Sabine's letters are to be found nestling in their envelopes, permitting the reader to examine the intimate correspondence of these inexplicably linked strangers. This truly innovative novel combines a strangely fascinating story with lush artwork in an altogether original format.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,479,574 books! | Top bar: Always visible