The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

The Iron King

by Julie Kagawa

Series: The Iron Fey (1)

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (Kerian)
    Kerian: The Iron King ties to and borrows characters from this work, a book which also has romance. Not everyone who likes one book will like the other, but some will.
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (SunnySD)
    SunnySD: If you like strong, determined female leads with hidden depths, plenty of action, adventure and intrigue....
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (kiwiflowa)
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (SunnySD)
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman (kiwiflowa)
    kiwiflowa: Both feature the traditional and modern worlds in conflict as a theme.

English (313)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (315)
I was hooked into this story by the end of the second chapter.

I got attached to some of the characters. Okay I might've teared up abit when Puck got injured and Meghan had to leave him behind to heal and wake up (beside the point that he was left with other fey).

Meghan goes through a physical journey, as well as, an inner journey where she learns who and what she is...

All I have to do now is find the second book in the series. ( )
  DaffiMere | Jan 31, 2019 |
Mijn volledige recensie lees je op:

Hoe de schrijfster onze moderne wereld in het boek verwerkt door middel van de IJzerfae vind ik fenomenaal, en logisch.
Wat nou als deze dingen uit andere dromen geboren zijn? Technologische dromen, wetenschappelijke dromen, dromen van vooruitgang?

LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
This is one of the BEST faerie books I've read. Yes, better even than Wicked Lovely. DEFINITELY better than Need Pixies (cuz Need Pixies sucked like Edward), better than Faeriewalker... Not quite better than Maggie Steifvaters Faerie books, but still, it put three series to shame. SHAME. yes, you heard me.
Meghan, Ethatn, Puck, Ash... they're all believable. I felt Meghan and Ash's romance was a little... well ,there was no lead-up, really. no indication it would happen other than she saw him te mist and one dance under duress. but whatevs, I liked it anyways.
And I NEEEEEEEEEEEED the second book!
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
I don't know I've easily loved stories about fae. They are a creature I would have never learned about if I didn't seek to explore as many books as I can get my hands on. Meghan with her half human and half fae side showed me through her human eyes the wonder and danger of the faery world. This didn't go where I expected. I wish there wasn't or was a better romance aspect. The title is very conflicting to what the story says. There is still some mystery for me to venture through. I just need a little more to really get into the series. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |

Julie Kagawaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Iron. Ice. A Love Doomed From The Start.
For Nick, Brandon and Villis. May we continue to beat those dead horses unto the ground.
Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.

"Meghan Chase has a secret destiny--one she could never have imagined. Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth--that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face, and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,179,782 books! | Top bar: Always visible