The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

The Iron King

by Julie Kagawa

Series: The Iron Fey (1)

Recently added byrena75, TaraWood, private library, HeretiCorp, eloquinn, Mandasony, Ozzybald, Nathan.Osborn
    A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (Kerian)
    Kerian: The Iron King ties to and borrows characters from this work, a book which also has romance. Not everyone who likes one book will like the other, but some will.
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (SunnySD)
    SunnySD: If you like strong, determined female leads with hidden depths, plenty of action, adventure and intrigue....
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (kiwiflowa)
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (SunnySD)
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman (kiwiflowa)
    kiwiflowa: Both feature the traditional and modern worlds in conflict as a theme.

English (311)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (313)
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
I don't know I've easily loved stories about fae. They are a creature I would have never learned about if I didn't seek to explore as many books as I can get my hands on. Meghan with her half human and half fae side showed me through her human eyes the wonder and danger of the faery world. This didn't go where I expected. I wish there wasn't or was a better romance aspect. The title is very conflicting to what the story says. There is still some mystery for me to venture through. I just need a little more to really get into the series. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
I fell in love with this book from the very beginning!!! i couldn't stop reading!! literally I started reading it after school and next thing i know it is 3am and i had school the next morning!!! i will put a full review up at a later time! ( )
  Nicole365 | May 12, 2018 |
Story Lining:
Meghan Chase. A half-breed, fey and mortal. Her father was taken at a young age, to a place called the Inbetween. And as her abilities came into play she began to see things, her best friend was no longer Robbie. He was Puck, from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. Everyone assumes she is the daughter of the Summer king, Oberon, and as she learns about her other homeland, the winter court comes into view, along with a prince, Ash. The two enemies of opposite courts join and find a new species, built on reality and science. Technological fey, of iron, which could be the death of all fey as we know it.

Preference and Opinion:
This book was absolutely outstanding. I had been wanting a good read for such a long time that I just couldn't blink away the excitement when I finally found this series. I would suggest that the age limit be set junior high and up, due to the use of language. But the book holds a story so large its impeccable it fits in less than 400 pages. Read this book, it is one of the best. ( )
  JuliaM.G1 | Apr 23, 2018 |

Julie Kagawaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Iron. Ice. A Love Doomed From The Start.
For Nick, Brandon and Villis. May we continue to beat those dead horses unto the ground.
Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.

"Meghan Chase has a secret destiny--one she could never have imagined. Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth--that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face, and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,224,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible