Gourmet Today: More than 1000 All-New Recipes for the Contemporary Kitchen

by Ruth Reichl

Gourmet Today responds to our changing foodscape with more vegetarian recipes, more recipes for popular dishes from every corner of the world, more recipes for stunning meals ready in 30 minutes or less, more simple ways to prepare all the vegetables in the farmers' market, advice on choosing sustainable fish, chicken, and beef, tips on throwing an easy cocktail party, more recipes for flavorful techniques like grilling, and more recipes for the new ingredients flooding our market. Also includes menus for holidays and other seasonal occasions.… (more)

Really like this cookbook...not as much as Joy of Cooking by Irma S. Rombauer, but enough that I wouldn't hesitate to give this as a gift or blanket recommend the majority of the recipes in here. ( )
  lesmel | Apr 11, 2013 |
“Gourmet Today” offers a thoughtful, thorough portrait of the way Americans are eating, documenting a cuisine that seamlessly incorporates ethnic ingredients, farmers’ market produce, vegetarian entrées and quick-cook staples — plus plenty of cocktails.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,044,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible