Marcella's Italian Kitchen

by Marcella Hazan

319182,246 (4.32)2
In her most personal cookbook, the James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award-winning author captures every aspect of Italian home cooking--from appetizers to ice cream. Including almost 250 recipes, Marcella's Italian Kitchen brings home cooks the authentic tastes of Italy. Here are Fettuccine with Clams and Zucchini and Veal Scaloppini with Hazelnuts and Balsamic Vinegar, Cauliflower Salad with Red Pepper, Olives, and Anchovies and Amaretti and Custard Cream Semifreddo. Drawing on her experiences growing up in Italy, Hazan has crafted the ultimate guide to Italian food.… (more)

I was looking for a recipe. I found it in Marcella's Italian Kitchen, which I checked out of the library. The recipe, for a fruit sorbet, helped clarify my thoughts on the use of acids to bring out the flavors of fruits. Then I spent some time perusing the book, which was fun, but more like a trip down memory lane than a new discovery. I've used her formula for seafood risotto for years. I'm not sure if this book is worth acquiring in addition to the several other books by the same author I own, unfortunately all in storage at the moment. I might have to revisit this book at a later date. ( )
  dooney | Dec 3, 2018 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,772,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible