- Your library (1,282)
- fiction (459), science fiction (242), nonfiction (187), fantasy (142), short stories (93), postmodernism (72), Johns Hopkins authors (55), essays (45), humor (43), children's fiction (41), drama (40), historical fiction (36), history (32), English fiction (27), mystery (27), Jewish fiction (25), programming (22), politics (20), technology (20), black literature (18), autobiography (16), Oz (15), science (12), Dune (12), Wheel of Time (11), feminism (11), comic strips (11), Bloom County (10), poetry (10), South African literature (10), ancient Greek literature (10), German fiction (10), mythology (9), Sherlock Holmes (9), Harry Potter (9), Thomas Covenant (8), signed (8), gay fiction (8), French literature (8), Latin American literature (8), Czech literature (7), current events (7), computers (6), philosophy (6), horror (6), Narnia (6), Japanese fiction (6), Earthsea (6), biography (5), Vietnam War (5), Western (5), weird fiction (4), writing (4), Hugo Award winners (4), African fiction (4), Greek literature (4), Crown of Stars (4), National Book Award winners (4), Song of Ice and Fire (4), Irish literature (3), British literature (3), National Book Award nominees (3), Irish fiction (3), war fiction (3), cyberpunk (3), Jump 225 (3), Pulitzer Prize winners (3), ARC (3), thriller (3), anthology (2), comics (2), mysteries (2), Weird fiction (2), journalism (2), computer books (2), business (2), Judaism (1), William Faulkner Foundation Award winners (1), Russian literature (1), Gormenghast (1), New Weird (1), Canadian fiction (1), Discworld (1), Italian literature (1), literature (1), graphic novels (1), American history (1), erotica (1), steampunk (1), psychology (1), graphic novel (1), travel (1), New Age (1), religion (1), marketing (1), Newbury Award winners (1), Roman literature (1), Vietnam War fiction (1), hard science fiction (1), Haitian literature (1), Pyr (1), non-fiction (1), American Indian literature (1), arc (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- May 18, 2006
- Real Name
- David Louis Edelman
- About My Library
- I've got a thing for hardcovers. Doesn't necessarily need to be a first or limited edition... any ol' hardcover will do, as long as it's in excellent shape.
But if a hardcover isn't available, then a nice matched set of trade paperbacks will do just fine. I salivate over the day when I can finally complete my collection of the Vintage editions of Philip K. Dick's novels...
- About Me
- I'm a science fiction novelist, blogger, and web programmer who lives outside of Washington, D.C. I was a finalist for the 2008 John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer.
My first novel, Infoquake (website) (LibraryThing page), was published in summer 2006 by Pyr, an imprint of Prometheus Books. Barnes & Noble Explorations called the book "the love child of Donald Trump and Vernor Vinge," then later named it their Top SF Novel of 2006. Infoquake was also nominated for the John W. Campbell Memorial Award for Best Novel. The book was re-released in mass market paperback by Solaris Books in June 2008.
My second novel, MultiReal (website) (LibraryThing page), the sequel to Infoquake, was called "a thoroughly-successful hybrid of Neuromancer and Wall Street" by Hugo nominee Peter Watts, and listed as one of the top SF novels of 2008 by io9, Pat's Fantasy Hotlist and SFFWorld.
My third novel, Geosynchron (website) (LibraryThing page), the third book in the Jump 225 trilogy, was just released by Pyr in February, 2010. Already Locus has called the book "a seminal work of 21st century SF," while Library Journal said the book "tak[es] cyberpunk to the next level."
Visit my website and read my blog at www.davidlouisedelman.com.
- Washington, DC
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- Douglas Adams, Paul Auster, Nicholson Baker, John Barth, Don DeLillo, Philip K. Dick, Stephen Dixon, E. L. Doctorow, Stephen R. Donaldson, William Gibson, Joseph Heller, Frank Herbert, Ward Just, Franz Kafka, Jerzy Kosiński, Milan Kundera, George R. R. Martin, China Miéville, Tim O'Brien, Richard Powers, Thomas Pynchon, Philip Roth, J. K. Rowling, John Steinbeck, Neal Stephenson, J. R. R. Tolkien, Kurt Vonnegut
- adeniro, BrandonSanderson, clarkesworld, DarylERobidoux, davidbarrkirtley, deadguy, derekajohnson, EdwardEinhorn, eeknight, ericbarnes2, ethereal_lad, fionagh, graspingforthewind, ILouro, jchines, jcmcgowan, JeremyCShipp, JohnBanks, johnjosephadams, jpsorrow, kcf, KevinJoseph, krzysztof.majer, LouAnders, mariaretz, markarayner, MaryRobinetteKowal, matociquala, mattormeg, nighthawk4486, okupcu, OliviaBrooks123, SandyMarshall, scifi_fanatic, SimonHaynes, sleigh, Smethers, Smokler, StevenTill, theoldman, thepogoman, tobiasbuckell, truepenny, veritasnoctis