- French fiction. (268), Contemporary American fiction. (260), Signed. (206), Nobel prize winner. (200), English fiction. (194), Latin American fiction. (183), Irish fiction. (121), American fiction. (105), all things American. (91), Spanish fiction. (84), Scandinavian fiction. (84), German fiction. (77), Italian fiction. (59), American poetry. (56), Russian fiction. (51), Music. (46), all things French. (46), Canadian fiction. (44), Eastern European fiction. (43), African fiction. (36), Middle east fiction. (32), Scottish fiction. (29), Asian fiction. (27), Portugese fiction. (24), all things British. (20), Polish fiction. (19), Australian fiction. (18), Latin American poetry. (18), Irish poetry. (17), French poetry. (17), American plays. (16), all things Irish. (15), Art. (15), all things English. (14), English plays. (13), all things Latin American. (13), Irish plays. (12), Polish poetry. (12), all things Italian. (12), all things Polish. (9), all things Canadian. (9), all things Spanish. (9), Spanish Civil War history. (9), Carribean fiction. (8), Language. (8), Belgian fiction. (8), all things Hispanic. (8), Rangers hockey. (7), Russian poetry. (6), Greek fiction. (6), Literary reference. (6), Hockey. (6), Italian plays. (5), English poetry. (5), all things Eastern European. (4), American politics. (4), all things German. (4), Scandinavian poetry. (4), all things Middle Eastern. (4), Dutch fiction. (4), Canadian poetry. (4), Spanish poetry. (4), New Zealand fiction. (4), Italian poetry. (3), Turkish fiction. (3), World War 1 history. (3), German poetry. (3), Polish plays. (3), German plays. (3), French plays. (3), all things Belgian. (2), Scottish poetry. (2), all things Scottish. (2), Belgian poetry. (2), all things Swiss. (2), culinary. (2), CD. (2), all things Scandinavian. (2), Portugese poetry. (2), all things Russian. (2), Granta reader. (2), Turkish/Kurdish fiction. (1), Welsh fiction. (1), all thing British. (1), Eastern European poetry. (1), all things Argentine. (1), Macedonian poetry. (1), Caribbean fiction. (1), all things Austrian. (1), all things Belarusian. (1), South American fiction. (1), Graphic novel. (1), all things Latin. (1), World history. (1), Korean War history. (1), Spanish plays. (1), Russian plays. (1), all things African. (1), Latin American plays. (1), Signed by the translator. (1), Greek poetry. (1), photography. (1), Signed (1), all things Welsh. (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Anal-retentives, Author Theme Reads, ¡Literatura Argentina!, Booker Prize, Books Compared, Cats, books, life is good., Chinaski's Stool, Club Read 2009, Dalkey Archive, Existentialism, French literature, 19th & 20th century, Hockey, Infinite Jesters, Irish Lit, Library Punx, Mad on Zola, Modern Collector, New York Review Books, Nobel Laureates in Literature, Oulipo's Virtual Headquarters, Poetry Fool, Pro and Con, Reading Globally, Real Ale (& Other Beers), Roberto Arlt and River Boat Books, Rock 'n' Roll, Records and Record Collections, Scandinavian detectives and thrillers, South American Fiction-Argentine Writers, Spanish Civil War, The Colbert Nation, The Prizes, Themes in Literature, Tropic of Ideas, William Faulkner and his Literary Kin, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery
- Jul 2, 2006
- Real Name
- About My Library
- Have an interest in literature in translation. I buy and sell (try to anyway) books that I want or don't want on Half.com. I have been focusing a lot lately on literary thrillers particularly those coming out of Europe. I have somewhere around 150 signed books. IMO LT was and is a brilliant idea. I love the format--the updating LT does always seem to make the site better, more accessibe and more fun.
- About Me
- 60 years old. 4 years in the Coast Guard. Retired from the Postal Service in February 2013. That was nice. I can be a bit lazy though. Translator of Roberto Arlt's The Flamethrowers available at River Boat Books (see profile picture) and completing the two part book into English for the first time as River Boat has also reissued Naomi Lindstrom's translation of The Seven Madmen. I'm Married. Two grown up kids. One with a degree in Geology--the other a degree in Physics. Anyway I like to read. I like to mess around with my guitars. I like punk rock a lot and have a lot of vinyl from the late 70's--early 80's to prove it. I like Celtic punk. I like Ska and I like Reggae. I like to drink IPA's, stouts and porters. I've been following the New York Rangers since the 1971-72 season. That's a pretty long time. I'm pretty rabid about them. I like to travel. I would like to go overseas more but I've only been to Ireland once.
- Elmira N. Y.
- Favorite Authors
- Etel Adnan, António Lobo Antunes, Guillaume Apollinaire, Roberto Arlt, Margaret Atwood, Michele Audin, J. G. Ballard, Samuel Beckett, Madison Smartt Bell, Thomas Bernhard, Wu Ming, Roberto Bolaño, Louis Paul Boon, Jorge Luis Borges, Charles Bukowski, Anna Burns, Camilo José Cela, Louis-Ferdinand Céline, J. M. G. Le Clézio, J. M. Coetzee, Junot Díaz, Miguel Delibes, Virginie Despentes, Helen DeWitt, Assia Djebar, Alfred Döblin, Jean Echenoz, Umberto Eco, Nathan Englander, William Faulkner, James Fenton, Tibor Fischer, Patrick Flanery, Dario Fo, Sesshu Foster, Benito Pérez-Galdós, Witold Gombrowicz, Günter Grass, Graham Greene, Pedro Juan Gutiérrez, Knut Hamsun, Rick Harsch, Eleanor Henderson, Zbigniew Herbert, Chester Himes, Michel Houellebecq, Bohumil Hrabal, Marlon James, Elfriede Jelinek, B. S. Johnson, Denis Johnson, James Joyce, James Kelman, Elias Khoury, John King, Naomi Klein, Arthur Koestler, Ahmadou Kourouma, Rachel Kushner, Halldór Laxness, Philip Levine, Mario Vargas Llosa, Alistair MacLeod, Curzio Malaparte, Jean-Patrick Manchette, Dominique Manotti, Luis Martâin-Santos, Colum McCann, Cormac McCarthy, Martin McDonagh, Marshall McLuhan, Eoin McNamee, Enrique Medina, Fernanda Melchor, Pierre Merot, Philipp Meyer, David Mitchell, Emiliano Monge, Manuel Vázquez Montalbán, Alvaro Mutis, Pablo Neruda, Jo Nesbø, Marlene van Niekerk, Flannery O'Connor, Kenzaburō Ōe, Sofi Oksanen, Michael Ondaatje, Nicanor Parra, John Dos Passos, David Peace, Georges Perec, Leif G. W. Persson, Christopher Petit, Ricardo Piglia, Robert Pinget, Raymond Queneau, Arthur Rimbaud, Julian Rios, Manuel Rivas, Alain Robbe-Grillet, Philip Roth, Arundhati Roy, Anatoli Rybakov, Ernesto Sábato, George Salis, Lydie Salvayre, Ken Saro-Wiwa, Andrea Maria Schenkel, Arno Schmidt, Claude Simon, Pablo Martín Sánchez, Edward St. Aubyn, Wisława Szymborska, Antonio Tabucchi, Paco Ignacio Taibo, Johan Theorin, Olga Tokarczuk, B. Traven, William Trevor, Jane Urquhart, Paul Verhaeghen, David Foster Wallace, Rodolfo Walsh, Irvine Welsh, Paul West, Paul West, Stanisław Ignacy Witkiewicz, Javier Pedro Zabala, Juli Zeh, Émile Zola
- Interesting Library