Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens

by Paul David Tripp

The argument over the last donut. The cry of nothing to wear a half hour before school. The "I'm the only one whose parents make them..." Teenage hassles that disrupt parents' lives? Or prime opportunities to connect with, listen to, and nurture our kids? Paul Tripp uncovers the heart issues affecting parents and their teenagers during the often chaotic adolescent years. With wit, wisdom, humility, and compassion, he shows parents how to seize the countless opportunities to deepen communication, learn, and grow with their teenagers.… (more)

Very helpful and biblically grounded. Profoundly searching as a parent as to many ‘heart’ issues that lead to poor family dynamics. A positive and proactive set of biblical guidelines and practical suggestions for parenting through the teen (and beyond) years. Recommend ( )
  danhibbert | Sep 9, 2019 |
A redemptive approach to parenting, actually useful for dealing with all ages, not only teens. Best I have read yet, and a fit companion for Baucham’s Family driven faith.

A minor grip: it is a bit disturbing when such a good Christian book uses so much business analogies and language. ( )
  leandrod | Oct 4, 2017 |
Thought-provoking book on raising teens to have a heart for God. ( )
  KoestK | Jun 13, 2016 |
Great book for parenting a teen. These are difficult times, but parents should look at conflicts as opportunities to mentor children to think with a Christian mindset and examine their hearts and struggles. Engage with the world, but do not be of the world. It gave me hope in how to handle conflicts with my daughter and good advice on how to re-frame these situations for the better. ( )
  riotex | Apr 20, 2011 |
Absolutely great book! This is a must read for all parents and those that will work with teens, or people for that matter! This book speaks to the heart of the matter. The heart! ( )
  jdrullard | Dec 9, 2010 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

Information from the Chinese, traditional Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
To Luella
For twenty-six years you have been my best friend, teacher, and example. In many ways you have taught me what parenting is all about. Thank you; your conribution is greater than you will ever know.
[Preface] It was in August of 1971 that I took by first pastoral position as the Youth Director of Whaley Street United Methodist Church in Columbia, South Carolina.
It is everywhere around us--on the television sitcom, in the magazine on the supermarket rack, on the shelves of the local bookstore, on television and radio talk shows, and yes, even in a number Christian books on the family.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,796,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible