Paragon Walk (1981)

by Anne Perry

Series: Charlotte & Thomas Pitt (3)

8402020,315 (3.57)26
In the affluent London street of Paragon Walk, an unspeakable and baffling crime was committed: a young woman was raped and murdered. Once again the incomparable team of Inspector Thomas Pitt and his wife, Charlotte, set themselves against a vicious murderer. As the elegant masks of the aristocratic suspects begin to slip, it became appallingly clear that something ugly lurked behind the handsome facades of Paragon Walk - something that could lead to more scandal, more murder.… (more)

English (17)  German (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (20)
1885 Who would want to kill 17 year old innocent Fanny Nash of Paragon Walk. It is for Inspector Pitt to investigate. As his sister my marriage Emily lives on the same Walk, will she and his wife Charlotte be a help in this case. Is Fanny's death the start of a killing spree.
An enjoyable and well-written mystery ( )
  Vesper1931 | Jul 29, 2021 |
rape and murder in an upper class neighborhood lead to suicide and discovery of amateur black magic
  ritaer | Mar 16, 2020 |
I like Anne Perry’s plots and settings, but get really annoyed by how repetitive they become the further along in the series you read. the books are also internally repetitive. These would be Great books for people who take a month of “15 minutes before sleep” reading to complete a book and need the odd review, but deadly boring for people who read books at a handful of sittings. ( )
  MarionBacon | Jul 27, 2019 |
I really like the way she writes but these books are so similar that it seems a waste of money to read them. The characters change little from book to book and the relationships between the main character and her husband and her family is so wooden that I want to shake the book to wake these characters up! ( )
  Omegawega | Mar 31, 2018 |
This was my first Anne Perry novel and it might be my last. It was pleasant enough but with the hundreds of books id like to read, I doubt that i will spend my precious little time on another of these.

It was more a commentary on proper upperclass behavior than it was a murder mystery. Also it ended too abruptly and wrapped up in two pages. ( )
  AstridG | Oct 10, 2017 |

Perry, Anneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Damiani, MaddalenaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fernández de Villavicencio, MatucaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Porter, DavinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schneider, AndreasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,339,225 books! | Top bar: Always visible