A Storm of Swords (2000)

by George R. R. Martin

Series: A Song of Ice and Fire (3)

Four contend for power over the Iron Throne and the Land of the Seven Kingdoms; alliances shift, and betrayal is always an option. House Lannister's head, Joffrey, rules uneasily. Joffrey's enemy, Lord Stannis, is disgraced and enthralled. Robb of House Stark still rules the North, implacable in his enmity towards his Lannister foes, even as they hold his sister hostage. And the exiled queen Daenerys, mistress of the world's last three dragons, makes her way across a blood-drenched continent. But as opposing forces maneuver for the final titanic showdown, there appears an army of barbaric wildlings, led by undead Others. The unpredictable violence of a final cataclysm is inevitable; the one certain thing is that many men will die upon many swords.… (more)
    Wizard and Glass by Stephen King (asha.leu)
    The Gap into Conflict: The Real Story / The Gap into Vision: Forbidden Knowledge by Stephen Donaldson (reading_fox)
    reading_fox: One is SF the other Fantasy, they may seem very different. But they're both epic in scope, both at the darker end of the human condition, and the writing style is similar. Both tell much larger stories than just the action of the 'hero'.
    Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb (Sandwich76)

English (389)  Spanish (6)  German (3)  French (2)  Hungarian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (402)
Wow. I loved this book. Just loved it. Martin takes the turns that I don't expect and the lesson that we learn in book 1 - anyone can be killed at any time - is only reenforced.

My favorite of the series so far. ( )
  amcheri | May 25, 2021 |
As the story starts to get even more complex, I find myself reading and reading and reading! I just can't get enough of this phenomenal world that GRRM created! I liked how much of this book took place in the north and I'm still shocked about the red wedding (and that although I've seen the show!).
If your a fan of fantasy or just good books overall, you just HAVE to read this series! ( )
  plitzdom | May 12, 2021 |
In this book.
The game of thrones finally arrive.
The hard work of the last two novels reach its fruition.
This book belongs to Tyrion Lannister. ( )
  __echo__ | May 11, 2021 |
More battles, more blood, intense action... a lot of mysteries unfold, and leave you hanging for the next book... beyond frustrating at points with the sudden plot twists... Great read again! ( )
  sjh4255 | May 4, 2021 |
The red wedding. ( )
  Rachel_Cucinella | Apr 24, 2021 |
With the end of A Storm of Swords, Martin is half finished his epic. However, so little has been revealed that we have only begun to glimpse what the true saga really is. It's as if you are peering through a dirty window, cleaning small portions of it -- one square inch at a time -- so more and more of the room beyond is slowly revealed. Each glimpse uncovers a new wonder, but you can never be sure of exactly what you are seeing.
added by Shortride | editSF Site, Wayne MacLaurin (Jan 1, 2001)

Martin, George R. R.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burton, JonathanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dotrice, RoyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Macía, CristinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vess, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Phyllis

who made me put the dragons in
The day was grey and bitter cold, and the dogs would not take the scent.
Bk 3 A Song of Fire and Ice: A Storm of Swords has also been published as a two volume edition - Bk 3 - Prt 1:Steel and Snow / Bk 3 - Prt 2: Blood and Gold.
Please do not combine the two individual volumes of book 3 with the single editions of 'A Storm of Swords'

4 1909

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,840,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible