Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse (1996)

by Kevin Henkes

Lilly loves everything about school, especially her teacher, but when he asks her to wait a while before showing her new purse, she does something for which she is very sorry later.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Wow. That's just about all you can say when it comes to this Henkes classic. Lilly is so wonderfully relatable. Her enthusiasm for school, her love of her teacher, her inability to leave her new plastic purse alone, her sending herself to the uncooperative chair when everything goes sideways. One of my favorite Kevin Henkes stories, and certainly one children everywhere can relate to. ( )
  EOde | Jul 26, 2020 |
Lilly loved going to school until another love of hers got her in trouble! This story is a great way to teach lessons about remorse and forgiveness. The illustrations are great and the language used in this story is amazing! Would recommend this book! ( )
  Anderson22 | Feb 20, 2020 |
This is the cutest book ever, my students loved it. It was a random one that they had at the library that one of the students picked up for the week. It is a great addition to my wish list. ( )
  emailyhope | Nov 21, 2019 |
I would recommend this book to any teacher wanting to teach descriptive words. There are many stanza that have fatastic word choice. This book also teaches about good morals as well as realizing your mistakes and choosin to make amends toward people. ( )
  SierraFreeze | Oct 14, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,847,884 books! | Top bar: Always visible