The Wee Free Men (2003)

by Terry Pratchett

Series: Discworld: Tiffany Aching (1), Romans du Disque-Monde (tome 2), Discworld: Young Adult (2), Discworld (30)

9,319220593 (4.2)433
A young witch-to-be named Tiffany teams up with the Wee Free Men, a clan of six-inch-high blue men, to rescue her baby brother and ward off a sinister invasion from Fairyland.
    A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett (bibliovermis)
    bibliovermis: The sequel. Just as good as the first!
    Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For rising YA readers who like smart mouths and smarter brains, because Polly (age 19) is going to find and rescue her brother. Or else.
    Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett (bostonian71)
    Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede (Nikkles)
    The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett (midnightblues)
    midnightblues: Well worth reading the full series.
    The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For middle-grade readers interested in fairyland, and the dangers inherent there.
    Coraline by Neil Gaiman (Nikkles)
    Summer in Orcus by T Kingfisher (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For middle-grade readers interested in solitary children and immersive worlds: Because there's a whole horizon in front of Summer (age 11), and it just keeps getting bigger.

English (211)  German (2)  French (1)  Polish (1)  Danish (1)  Dutch (1)  Norwegian (1)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (220)
As a non-native English speaker, I find the language very challenging to read.
I'd have given up if I didn't use the text-to-speech feature on my ebook reader. ( )
  DzejnCrvena | Apr 2, 2021 |
Very cute and made me laugh often. Loved the characters. Actions scenes, particularly toward the end seemed a little confusing and draggy to me. Fun book, but nothing to make me read the entire Discworld series. Might read more Tiffany Aching books. ( )
  JustZelma | Dec 20, 2020 |
This was very cute and I think I would have been SO into it as a little kid. The Moral feels more coherent here than maybe in other iterations of it that Pratchett talks about, and frankly I love that Tiffany is allowed to be a kind of heartless, intellectual little girl. Also I love every single one of the Nac Mac Feegle. Will definitely be following up on the rest of these stories! ( )
  aijmiller | Dec 10, 2020 |
The Nac Mac Feegle! The Wee Free Men! We willna be fooled again! I really liked this book a lot, and I have my sister to thank for giving this part of Terry Pratchett another shot. If I ever have a kid, I want him/her to be as resourceful and independent and awesome as Tiffany Aching. ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |

Briggs, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gall, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kidby, PaulIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Player, StephenIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Some things start before other things.
No wonder we dream our way through our lives. To be awake, and see it all as it really is ... no one could stand that for long.
Now ... if you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.
“Yes! I'm me! I am careful and logical and I look up things I don't understand! When I hear people use the wrong words, I get edgy! I am good with cheese. I read books fast! I think! And I always have a piece of string! That's the kind of person I am!”
“Zoology, eh? That's a big word, isn't it."

"No, actually it isn't," said Tiffany. "Patronizing is a big word. Zoology is really quite short.”

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,701,867 books! | Top bar: Always visible