Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Six of Crows (2015)

by Leigh Bardugo

Series: Six of Crows (1)

The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (ajwseven)
    A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab (foggidawn)
    The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (ajwseven)
    Night Angel Trilogy (3-in-1) by Brent Weeks (kylenapoli)
    Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce (trillianiris)
    trillianiris: Alanna's George was my first exposure to books about thieving, espionage, gangs, assassins, etc., and this book sort of seemed to me like an in-depth look at that side of life (though a little more violent than it would have been in Alanna's universe), plus Alanna's all about magic and dangerous adventures and such.… (more)

English (117)  Dutch (1)  All languages (118)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo is probably one of my top three favorite books of this year. When I bought it I though it was just another regular YA Fantasy book which I enjoy because I had not heard much about it. But what I got was an amazing crime/heist book in a brilliant fantasy world full of rich and deep history and characters. Kaz Brekker is now one of my new favorite characters. This book grabs you and does not let go. If you enjoy high fantasy books you will love this book. I plan on buying the second book in the series and reading the trilogy that is also set in this world. ( )
  blaketoren | Sep 12, 2018 |
A fantastic surprise!! Thoroughly enjoyable, suspenseful, cleanly written and edited, intense but perfectly timed pacing, full of nail-biting moments and delicious gore, well-done romantic interest exploration, logical character growth with interesting back stories, and ended with an intriguing cliffhanger. Will definitely be continuing this series and hope that the second can live up to my expectations! I listened to the audiobook version, which I highly recommend.

Only thing lacking for me was some world building and closing of gaps for people who start with this book, rather than the first series in this universe by this author ("The Grisha Trilogy"). I didn't realize when I started this series that it is a spinoff; otherwise, I would have started with "Shadow and Bone" (I will, however, be rectifying this oversight, as I'll start that audiobook this afternoon). The small connections I was missing did cause some minor distractions for me while listening, but because the world (at least from what I can tell) isn't overly complicated, my enjoyment of this book did not suffer for lack of those details. I could still follow what was happening and why in this story, and the basic groundwork that I am assuming was set in the Grisha Trilogy that could help me understand this world as a whole was not integral to the "Six of Crows" plot. ( )
  trillianiris | Sep 7, 2018 |
This book was a bit of a slow start for me. It's written in multiple points of view through various characters, but once everything starts falling together, you get a background of these characters and why they are the way they are. Why they act the way they do. This book sucks you in is very hard to put down. This story is about revenge, but also about loyalty and friendship, beliefs and doing the right thing. I love how it's a wide variety charcters, who are very different, working together, getting along and valuing the friendship between them. The ending is quite the cliff hanger, so I was very glad to have already purchased the second book. ( )
  chelseap91 | Aug 19, 2018 |
Ooooh, this was fun! Should I have read the first trilogy before I started this one? Well, bygones....

Very much enjoyed the varied cast of complex and fascinating characters. I will definitely be reading the second in this series. ( )
  NeedMoreShelves | Aug 17, 2018 |
I liked this book better once I actually got to know the characters. Unfortunately that wasn't until almost half way through. In the beginning they were just criminals and I just couldn't relate to them. The author keeps referencing their past but she doesn't actually reveal the stories until much later in the book. Once I found out why the characters were the way they were, I enjoyed the book much more. ( )
  Catsysta | Aug 5, 2018 |

Leigh Bardugoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deas, RichCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ward, AprilDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kayte -- secret weapon, unexpected friend.
Joost had two problems: the moon and his mustache.

An audacious plan
Six dangerous criminals
Only one way out
(passion4reading)

"Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction--if they don't kill each other first"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,811,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible