A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations (1955)

by Kate L. Turabian

"This new edition of the classic reference work on writing research papers recognizes recent developments in information literacy--including finding, evaluating, and citing a wide range of digital sources--and the evolving use of software for citation management, graphics, and paper format and submission while continuing to reflect best practices for research and writing, as adapted from the most recent editions of The Craft of Research and The Chicago Manual of Style."--Provided by publisher.… (more)

Case 6 shelf 6
  semoffat | Aug 9, 2021 |
A useful guide to double check how to properly cite your works in Chicago Style. However, most of the book is information that is not needed; I only used the quick citation guide. ( )
  AliciaBooks | Jul 11, 2021 |
NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
Great reference book. Turabian provides examples of nearly every item you need for research and writing. I wish I could say that I did not have to read this book but it is an excellent reference tool. ( )
  donbarger | Mar 27, 2020 |
I'm not really done, done, as this is one of those reference books I'll continue to go back to. But it is written in an inviting manner.
  roniweb | May 30, 2019 |
Turabian remains an indispensable guide for student researchers, particularly in the humanities and social sciences. . . . Writers and researchers, beginning or seasoned, thus owe a great debt to the publishers who are committed to keeping style guides current amid continuous evolution of the act—and art—of research.

This book is a great source of learning for the writers. You'll find help for your term papers, thesis, and dissertation writing in this book. I rate this book high because it's easy to understand. Daniel Mark Miller - Dissertation Help Love.
added by danielmarkmiller | editMy Self

Kate L. Turabianprimary authorall editionscalculated
Booth, Wayne C.Editormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Colomb, Gregory G.main authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, Joseph M.main authorsome editionsconfirmed
We know how challenged you can feel when you start a substantial research project, whether it's a PhD dissertation, a BA or master's thesis, or just a long class paper.

My God, forget the Chicago Manual and get this book. Turabian gets right to the point, whereas the manual is way too long and complicated.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,253,093 books! | Top bar: Always visible