The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

The Cat in the Hat (1957)

by Dr. Seuss

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss (gilberts)
    Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg (raizel)
    raizel: Both books deal with children left home alone who endure escalating chaos until everything at last returns to normal.
    One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish has the same kind of humor as The Cat in the Hat.
    My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems (goodiegoodie)

English (438)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (442)
x2
  hcarlson6218 | Jun 16, 2019 |
"A cat messes up a house and then he has to clean it up. Its a great read for you."
  dneirick | Jun 13, 2019 |
This boo is about a little girl and a little boy who are feeling sad and bored at home because it is raining and their mother is not home. A little bit later a cat walks in their front door. He goes by Cat in the Hat. Cat in the hat tells the little boy and girl not to be sad. The Cat in the hat starts suggesting games they could play so they wouldn't be bored. The Cat in the Hat starts causing a few problems by making a mess. Their pet fish is freaking out because he doesn't like the Cat in the Hat because he causes too many problems. After the Cat in the Hat gets scolded by the fish,he goes outside and comes back in with a red crate with the figures of "Thing 1 and Thing 2" inside of the crate. The girl and the boy start to get worried along with the fish. Thing 1 and Thing 2 start to make a huge mess! They hear their mother about to walk in so everyone starts cleaning up as fast as they can. After cleaning the at in the Hat is kicked out from the house and everywhere was spotless. The mother came home and nothing was suspected

My opinion on this book is that it is definitely very entertaining. It has a good sense of rhyming which adds some fun to the whole book. This book definitely has really good though t and detail into this book. I also think it has a good message,which is to not watch time go by but live in the moment. Also it has a message to clean up your mess after you have some fun. This could make people more aware to go out and live your life. The characters within the story fit very well with the theme of this book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has not read this book before because, it is a very classic children's book. ( )
  kimberl.b4 | May 30, 2019 |
Age Range: 3 - 7 years
Grade Level: Preschool - 2

He may be an old standby, but he never lets us down. When in doubt, turn to the story of the cat that transformed a dull, rainy afternoon into a magical and just-messy-enough adventure for two bored at home child Dick and Sally. There's another, hidden adventure, too: this book really will help children learn to read. With his simple and often single-vowel vocabulary, the good Doctor knew what he was doing: hear it, learn it, read it--laughing all the way.

At first it was all fun and games until things started to get out of hand the children could no longer handle the cat and his friends with their games. eventually a lesson was learned and everything was back to normal. Great book to read with the kids ( )
  lewisl6 | May 12, 2019 |
I loved Cat in the Hat while I was growing up! I would love to read this to my future classroom one day! ( )
  kem465 | Apr 16, 2019 |
This is classic book to be used in a lesson about rhyming. This is also a book to use in celebrating Dr. Seus Day!
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.

Michievous feline
Entertains kids with mayhem
Ignores miffed fish.
(Marissa_Baden)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 039480001X, Hardcover)

He may be an old standby, but he never lets us down. When in doubt, turn to the story of the cat that transformed a dull, rainy afternoon into a magical and just-messy-enough adventure. There's another, hidden adventure, too: this book really will help children learn to read. With his simple and often single-vowel vocabulary, the good Doctor knew what he was doing: hear it, learn it, read it--laughing all the way. The Cat in the Hat is a must for any child's library.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:59 -0400)

Two children sitting at home on a rainy day are visited by the Cat in the Hat who shows them some tricks and games.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,697,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible