The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse (2019)

by Charlie Mackesy

A modern, illustrated fable for readers of all ages that explores life's universal lessons from beloved British illustrator Charlie Mackesy.

English (55)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (60)
This was absolutely beautiful. ( )
  FiraHunter | Nov 14, 2021 |
graphic fiction - friendship, love, kindness
lovely paintings illustrate a simple story about unlikely friends who share love and wisdom. ( )
  reader1009 | Oct 31, 2021 |
Full of platitudes, but had one or two cool parts. ( )
  ekerstein | Sep 29, 2021 |
The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse explores the unlikely friendship and the poignant, universal lessons they learn together.

What an adorable, cute, heartwarming graphic novel! I was a bit worried I was going to have a hard time reading the font, but I took my time with it, which was great because I wanted to spend as much time as I could with these characters.

I borrowed this book from the library, but it's a book I can see myself wanting to read again and again, especially those days where I need a little pick-me-up! This will be one I'll surely be looking out for at bookstores. It's even one of those books I could see myself framing pages of it around the house.

Once you'll read this book, it will be kept in your mind for the next time you need a book gift for someone. It's just wonderful! ( )
  oldandnewbooksmell | Sep 24, 2021 |
This is a very gentle little story about friendship and kindness. It is quite lovely, although a bit of a sleepy story as well. ( )
  Iudita | Sep 17, 2021 |

Charlie Mackesyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Japin, ArthurTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my lovely kind mum, and my wonderful dog Dill.
Hello

In a scary world
the author's illustrations
and words inspire.
(passion4reading)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,622,542 books! | Top bar: Always visible