And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

And Then There Were None

by Agatha Christie

13,690359270 (4.13)1 / 489
Recently added byjamib1861, private library, Jeremy_Eaton, Demeander, MaraBlaise, RonHall, GMKK_Katalogus, FourFreedoms, zandonellal, kcpoet
Legacy LibrariesAyn Rand
    The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (lahochstetler, eclt83)
    lahochstetler: Two of Christie's best plot twists
    A Study in Scarlet; and The Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Patangel)
    Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (Ludi_Ling)
    Ludi_Ling: Both Christie classics, where no-one and everyone could have done the murder.
    Agatha Christie: A Reader's Companion by Vanessa Innes- Wagstaff (OwenGriffiths)
    Partners in Crime (Author Unknown) by Agatha Christie (MarcusBrutus)
    The Ninth Guest by Gwen Bristow (SomeGuyInVirginia)
    SomeGuyInVirginia: Invited guests murdered one-by-one by their host.
    The List of Adrian Messenger by Philip MacDonald (SomeGuyInVirginia)
    SomeGuyInVirginia: Killer working on a selected group, and with a high body count.
    Nine Man's Murder by Eric Keith (TheRavenking)
    The Riddle of Sphinx Island by R. T. Raichev (TheRavenking)
    Choice Cuts by Boileau-Narcejac (TheRavenking)
    Puzzle for Wantons by Patrick Quentin (TheRavenking)
    Bertie and the Seven Bodies by Peter Lovesey (TheRavenking)
    I Know What You Did Last Wednesday by Anthony Horowitz (TheRavenking)
    R.I.P. by Philip MacDonald (Anonymous user)
    A Maze of Death by Philip K. Dick (TheRavenking)
    The Possessors by John Christopher (SomeGuyInVirginia)
    The Frankenstein Factory by Edward D. Hoch (TheRavenking)
    Stableford by Rob Reef (TheRavenking)
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (BeckyJG)
    BeckyJG: No way onto the island and no way off...
    1984 by George Orwell (SomeGuyInVirginia)
    SomeGuyInVirginia: No thematic relation, but these two books both profoundly disturbed me.

1930s (6)
Read (58)
Elevenses (266)

English (328)  Italian (11)  Swedish (4)  Spanish (4)  Finnish (3)  French (3)  Dutch (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (359)
Loved this book! The narrator did an amazing job and the plot was well written. Highly recommend! ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
Ten men and women are mysteriously summoned to an island where they are forced to reconcile with their sins—as an unknown killer begins to pick them off one by one.

Utter. Brilliance. This is probably Agatha Christie’s most well-known work, and for good reason. It’s twisty, chilling, and just plain clever. This was also the first Agatha Christie book I ever read. As The Lord of the Rings is a must-read for any fantasy lover, And Then There Were None is required reading for mystery lovers.

Bonus: The 2015 mini-series is incredibly well done. Gave me chills and I even knew what was coming!

Read more Agatha Christie reviews on my blog at bigdipperbooks.com ( )
  melissa_faith | Mar 16, 2019 |
It's been seven years since I last read this and I somehow forgot who did this and it drove me nuts until I got to the end! It's a real windinger of a mystery that you have to be a genius to even begin to solve. Ten strangers are invited to Indian island under "murky" circumstances, they soon found out that their mysterious host Mr. U N Owen (unknown) hasn't bothered to show. Too late they realize that something is afoot and the guests begin to die off one at a time. Whose behind it? Is there someone else on the island? Is it one of them? The deaths get more and more outlandish and they all start to crack. Who would do such a thing? It's dark, deep, and one hell of a mystery. A classic that will never go out of style! ( )
  ecataldi | Mar 15, 2019 |
Not much to say about this one, very enjoyable, very entertaining and a quick read. For those of you who are familiar with Agatha Christie's work, you'll know that most of her books are like this. Something you can pick up for a car trip or a train ride, even a long flight. You are most likely to finish the book before the journey is over, which is not a bad thing, actually.

So if you're in the mood of something light to take with you of your next trip, you may want to consider Christie's books. As I said, they're very enjoyable despite how short most of them are. ( )
  LenoreDiKaat | Mar 10, 2019 |
Started and finished in a day! Just as good as the first time I heard the story and, because I couldn’t remember who the murderer was, it kept me in suspense until the end. It was a fast and easy read. So glad I finally picked this one up! ( )
  kstadt929 | Mar 3, 2019 |
It is the most baffling mystery that Agatha Christie has ever written, and if any other writer has ever surpassed it for sheer puzzlement the name escapes our memory. We are referring, of course, to mysteries that have logical explanations, as this one has. It is a tall story, to be sure, but it could have happened.

The mystery is foolproof. The solution is fair. It all fits together at the end.
added by Shortride | editThe New York Times, Charles Poore (pay site) (Feb 23, 1940)

Christie, Agathaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vallandro, LeonelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Varho, HelkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

Has the adaptation

Has as a student's study guide

To

Carlo and Mary,

this is their book,

dedicated to them with much affection.
In the corner of a first-class smoking carriage, Mr. Justice Wargrave, lately retired from the bench, puffed at a cigar and ran an interested eye through the political news in the Times.
'Don't you see? We're the Zoo .... Last night, we were hardly human any more. We're the Zoo ....'
This is a novel, and as such should NOT be combined with the play of the same title, nor with any of the various film adaptations.
Note that LibraryThing's "canonical title" is intended for the most common title, not the original or "accurate" one. Although the novel was originally titled Ten Little Niggers, far more have read it as And Then There Were None. Please also distinguish Agatha Christie's Work from Sherman Alexie's anthology, Ten Little Indians: Stories (2003). Thank you.
ISBN 0008125163 is for Perfect by Cecelia Ahern

Ten nine eight till none
Methodically they died
Three clues to killer
(hardboiled)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312330871, Paperback)

Considered the best mystery novel ever written by many readers, And Then There Were None is the story of 10 strangers, each lured to Indian Island by a mysterious host. Once his guests have arrived, the host accuses each person of murder. Unable to leave the island, the guests begin to share their darkest secrets--until they begin to die.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:36 -0400)

Considered one of the greatest mysteries of all times, ten strangers, each with a dark secret, are gathered together on an isolated island by a mysterious host. One by one, they die, and before the weekend is out, there will be none.

Current discussions

About the perfect murder/crime in Name that Book

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,773,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible