Eat My Globe: One Year to Go Everywhere and…

Eat My Globe: One Year to Go Everywhere and Eat Everything

by Simon Majumdar

Travelog and memoir, and written in the authors unmistakable own voice. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
When Simon turns forty he is working at a job that he doesn't love any more. While cooking his favorite comfort food Bengali dahl, he finds a notebook with a list of life goals inside. One of the goals Go everywhere, eat everything got him to thinking. Another list with places to go and food to eat was made. Eat my globe was born. Connecting with friends in the blogosphere, he maps out a plan that takes him to 28 countries in 15 months. Simon has very strong opinions about food and he is not afraid to share them. I am not sure that I would like to be his friend but I did enjoy reading this book.

December 2012 ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
Very funny, engrossing travel memoir ... Majumdar is definitely opinionated, and I don't agree (for instance) that pizza is just "snot on toast", but he cares passionately about food and writes well about the dishes he tries, the people he meets, and the family who gave him his love of eating and life. He also has a healthy sense of humor about himself, which is an essential ingredient in any good memoir! ( )
  bostonian71 | Jul 4, 2012 |
funny look at a good fanatic as he travels around the world to eat everything. kind of runs out of energy near the end, but lots of very interesting info on different cultures and foods! ( )
  MaryWJ | Dec 20, 2010 |
Eating one's way around the world--what a job! Simon Majumdar doesn't go everywhere or eat everything, but he gets a lot further and so much more adventuresome than most people. Dog? Rat? Why not. A highly-opinionated, fun, & sometimes eyebrow-raising read. Majumdar might not be the best writer in the world, and not the best edited, but it's difficult not to envy his journey. ( )
  johnsshelf | Aug 8, 2009 |

An internationally popular food savant and blogger chronicles his yearlong journey around the world in search of everything delicious.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,490,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible