The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero (2010)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Heroes of Olympus (1), Camp Half-Blood (6)

Recently added byAngshiver, miss_booklion, private library, Tanak11, offauna, mlight620, InnahLovesYou, ahamblin, rena75
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling (cyderry)
    The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: Riordan works his mythology magic again, but this time with the Egyptian gods and myths.
    Eragon by Christopher Paolini (hermionewannabe)
    hermionewannabe: If you enjoy fantasy works than you will love the Eragon series.

English (263)  French (2)  All (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (267)
Another gd Percy Jackson ( )
  ktshpd | Oct 22, 2018 |
I began reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan one month ago, and just finished. If you love greek mythology/fiction THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU! Typically, I become bored within the first twenty minutes when I read a new book, but this book kept me entertained right from the first page. Some readers of this genre think that the Percy Jackson series is better, but I disagree. Personally, I love how Rick Riordan tells the story through three main characters: Jason, Piper, and Leo. While the story is written in third person, each chapter focuses on one of these characters' thoughts, actions, and dialogue. This makes the story fascinating for the reader as they become absorbed in that character's world. Give this book a try, and I think you'll agree. The Lost Hero is the first book in a four book series and I look forward to reading them all! ( )
  Bwalters34 | Oct 17, 2018 |
When I first got this book in the mail and read the flap I got ridiculously happy. I made strange squeaks of joy, my eyes got watery, and jumped up and down. I also wouldn't stop talking about this book. My mom looked at me weird. It was pretty funny. The Lost Hero didn't disappoint. It was amazing. I am so excited about this series. I love everyone and how I can read about each of the main three characters experiences helps. ( )
1 vote AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
I'm just on a Rick Riordan kick and I could read his books all day.

I started this book immediately after finishing the Percy Jackson series. I NEEDED more Percy Jackson. Did this book give me that? Nope. But, this series will. I liked the format of this book with the three different view points of Leo, Jason, and Piper. I liked the characters, although some reviewers have stated that they lack in comparison to Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. But, these characters are already teenagers and I enjoyed that they were the same age as the characters that we know & love.

I was really interested in reading about the Greek vs. Roman sides of the Gods. Mythology is definitely an area that interests me, and I appreciate that Rick is creating this story to combine them into an epic adventure.

That ending though. I did sense it coming, just because it seemed like that would be the case. It definitely made me really excited for book #2! ( )
  itswawawhitney | Jun 19, 2018 |
It took me a while to get used to the narrator's vocal style: some of his inflections and pronunciations pulled me out of the story. I did eventually get into it, though, and I think I'll be good for further books. My rating for this particular version would be a 4.5 but since there are no half stars I put it at 4 since I rated the other copy I read a solid 5. ( )
  shadrachanki | Jun 8, 2018 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Haley and Patrick, always the first to hear stories. Without them, Camp Half-Blood would not exist.
Even before he got electrocuted, Jason was having a rotten day.
There are several books with this title by different authors.
Jason has a problem. He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?

Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out.

Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142311339X, Hardcover)

After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:17 -0400)

Jason, Piper, and Leo, three students from a school for "bad kids," find themselves at Camp Half-Blood, where they learn that they are demigods and begin a quest to free Hera, who has been imprisoned by Mother Earth herself.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141334010, 0141325496

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,268,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible