Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London's Ottolenghi

by Yotam Ottolenghi

Other authors: Jonathan Lovekin (Photographer), Norma McMillan (Editor)

Series: Plenty (Ottolenghi) (1)

A collection of vegetarian recipes based on freshness and seasonality, and drawn from the diverse food cultures represented in London.
    New Feast: Modern Middle Eastern Vegetarian by Lucy Malouf (dajashby)
    dajashby: Very similar style - traditional (and sometimes hard to source) ingredients and techniques, but tweaked for the contemporary Western kitchen.
    Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Companion by Stephanie Alexander (dajashby)

Pretty tasty. I didn't get to make as much as I wanted before it was due, but what we made was all pretty good. The cucumber/garlic/ginger salad was my favorite, but I could see others being good jumping-off points for even more ideas. Would consider buying! ( )
  beautifulshell | Aug 27, 2020 |
Ottolenghi does a superb job of conveying the essentials of 'cooking from scratch' in every aspect of the recipes. The illustrations are excellent additions to augment the directions. Some recipes are overly complex for everyday go-to favourites (in my life, we aim for practical). However, most provide ideas to prompt creative ways to use a very wide variety of vegetables. ( )
  SandyAMcPherson | Oct 3, 2018 |
Beautiful. And I'd love to go to the restaurant & try some of these dishes... but as an accessible set of recipes for me... No Way. Lots of these ingredients difficult to find/afford in MidTN... Did I mention it was a Beautiful book? ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
A good reference for vegetables as they com into season. Ottolenghi's recipes are pretty terse; I wished for a bit more discussion of methods and ingredients. But his writing is energetic, so the book definitely accomplishes the goal of getting the reader excited about cooking and eating more vegetables. ( )
  mrgan | Oct 30, 2017 |
Creative, delicious, inspiring! ( )
  Sixtravelbugs | Mar 11, 2017 |

Ottolenghi, YotamAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lovekin, JonathanPhotographersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McMillan, NormaEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Franssen-Seebregts, HennieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,126,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible