Another Silly Game Part 181
This is a continuation of the topic Another Silly Game Part 180.
Join LibraryThing to post.
The Caxton Club, 1895-1995 : Celebrating a Century of the Book in Chicago by Frank J. Piehl
Suggested Rules of the Game:
1. Please play on the most recent correct post.
2 Please verify that no one else has posted while you were preparing your post.
3. The title of the book cited must have one word, at least, which is the same as a word in the previous title.
4. The repeated word in the new title must be other than an article ("a," "an," or "the").
5. The repeated word must be spelled exactly as the word was spelled in the previous title, e.g., "prune" is not the same word as "prunes," and "loyal" is not the same word as "loyalty."
6. The repeated word must be in the title as shown in a LT library listing, or on the title page of the book. A sub-title or a series name can be included if the sub-title or series name is included in the title of a LT library listing, or is printed on the title page of the book.
7. A hyphenated word is one word, not two, e.g., "thunder-clouds," and if used must be repeated in full, not in part only.
8. No repeats on current thread.
9. If you have read the book it would be informative that you so indicate and tell when you read it, if you can.
10. Try to use Touchstones. Put brackets around the title and double brackets around the author. If Touchstones don't work, try using an HTML link.
The Devil's Picnic: Around The World In Pursuit Of Forbidden Fruit- Taras Grescoe
The Natural History of Make-Believe: A Guide to the Principal Works of Britain, Europe, and America by John Goldthwaite. Read in March, 2010
The Inconvenient Indian: A Curious Account of Native People in North America by Thomas King. Read in June, 2014.
// Indian //
1116. Death on the Prairie Volume One of the Indian Wars of the West, by Paul I. Wellman (read 16 May 1971)
// Prairie //
4015. Magnificent Churches on the Prairie A story of immigrant priests, builders and homesteaders, by James Coomber and Sheldon Green (read 25 Apr 2005)
The Sleeping Buddha: The Story Of Afghanistan Through The Eyes Of One Family - Hamida Ghafour
// Creative //
Sprang; thread twisting: A creative textile technique by Hella Skowronski
Rains All The Time: A Connoisseur's History Of Weather In The Pacific Northwest - David Laskin
// Pacific Northwest //
Gardening with Native Plants of the Pacific Northwest by Arthur R. Kruckeberg
Up Ghost River: A Chief's Journey Through the Turbulent Waters of Native History by Edmund Metatawabin. Read in June, 2015
The One-Week Job Project: One Man, One Year, 52 Jobs by Sean Aiken. Read in December, 2010
5038. Impeached The Trial of President Andrew Johnson and the Fight for Lincoln's Legacy, by David O. Stewart (read 28 Jun 2013)
Public Bonehead, Private Hero: The Real Legacy of Baseball's Fred Merkle by Mike Cameron (read February 2017)
Continentalizing Canada: The Politics and Legacy of the Macdonald Royal Commission by Gregory J. Inwood. Read in March, 2008
Fallout: Disasters, Lies, and the Legacy of the Nuclear Age by Fred Pearce (read July 2018)
The Wolf: A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West by Nate Blakeslee. Read in December, 2018
The Parrot's Lament And Other True Tales Of Animal Intrigue, Intelligence, And Ingenuity - Eugene Linden
This topic is not marked as primarily about any work, author or other topic.