Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur…

Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Confessions of an English Opium Eater by Thomas De Quincey (Sylak)
    Sylak: Ref: The Man with the Twisted Lip

I love Sherlock Holmes and can happily re-read this book again and again. Although the settings and stories are familiar to me each time I read it I find something different stands out, so I have a sightly altered view of the great consulting detective each time. Conan Doyle's writing absorbs me into Victorian London to the point where I will find myself using his syntax and words in my speach for days after I've turned the final page.

The font size in this edition is a bit small, but once you're into the stories you don't notice. A well lit room is a good idea though so you don't end up with an eye strain headache. ( )
1 vote barpurple | Feb 25, 2011 |
I had trouble with the small font size of this facsimile edition and wil in time swap for a more "modern" version as far as print size is concerned ( )
  AndrewCottingham | Feb 24, 2009 |

Contains

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

A Scandal in Bohemia by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Red-Headed League [short story] by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

A Case of Identity [short story] by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Boscombe Valley Mystery (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #4) by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

Case of the Five Orange Pips by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Speckled Band (Travelman Crime) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #9) by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Copper Beeches by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Man with the Twisted Lip: Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

Silver Blaze by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Yellow Face by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #3) by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Gloria Scott by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

Sherlock Holmes - The Musgrave Ritual by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Reigate Squire (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #6) by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Cardboard Box by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Crooked Man (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #7) by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Resident Patient (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #8) by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Greek Interpreter (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #9) by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Naval Treaty by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Final Problem: Another Case for Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

I cinque misteri di Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (indirect)

The Adventure of the Musgrave Ritual (indirect)

A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle

The Sign of the Four by Arthur Conan Doyle

The Wordsworth Classics book called The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is actually an omnibus edition that also contains A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four, *The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Merged with the Adventures), so it should not be combined with either individual work. This should not be confused with the Wordsworth Classics volume "The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes", which contains the two short story collections, but not the novels A Study in Scarlet/The Sign of Four.

He's rude, arrogant, cold, unfriendly, and easily bored. But nobody minds, because Sherlock Holmes is a genius at solving mysteries. This collection of some of Holmes's most intriguing cases includes unabridged tales of blackmail, lost fortunes, and, of course, murder.… (more)

Legacy Library: Arthur Conan Doyle

Arthur Conan Doyle has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Arthur Conan Doyle's legacy profile.

See Arthur Conan Doyle's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,977,626 books! | Top bar: Always visible