Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K.…

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2000)

by J. K. Rowling

Series: Harry Potter (4)

78,0207226 (4.36)13 / 881
Recently added byFlarestorm1339, private library, BASALibrary, Bekah22Teeters, zesati, NanaCoffee, arjan_m, THOUVENOT
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (TeamJacob101)
    TeamJacob101: I Couldn't put it down!
    The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey (whitewavedarling)
    whitewavedarling: Santa Olivia is admittedly built for a more mature audience, but the themes, character types, and situations in the Harry Potter series and in Carey's work make me believe a reader who enjoys one will likely enjoy the other. Santa Olivia, though, is not a traditional fantasy, but more in the lines of speculative fiction, so that fantasy-only readers who enjoy Harry Potter for primarily the inclusion of magic may not enjoy Carey's work. I'm recommending it with this Harry Potter book in particular since, for me, this was the book when the series took a leap toward becoming more adult. Santa Olivia is also probably the beginning of a forthcoming series.… (more)
    Sasquatch Moon by R. Stone (Anonymous user)
    Dangerous Donkey (Adam Cranford Series) by Alaric Adair (markbiblos)
    markbiblos: A hero teenager doing crazy things under difficult conditions.
Elevenses (161)

English (673)  Italian (8)  German (8)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Spanish (4)  Finnish (4)  Swedish (3)  Danish (2)  Arabic (2)  Portuguese (2)  Lithuanian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All languages (721)
A pick up after the not-as-good book 3, it still contains a few shady events, like Harry entering the Tri-Wizard tournament despite not really being eligible. It is also a missed opportunity to get him out of the Hogwarts - the tourney could've been held at one of the other participant schools. ( )
  matija2019 | Jan 8, 2019 |
What a remarkable journey. The pacing was brilliant. The action was captivating. Not a single word was wasted. I could go on for hours about how phenomenal this story was, but I shall keep it simple.

Out of all the Harry Potter novels I’ve read thus far, this is the first one that made me reflect on the movie with annoyance. How could they have left so much out? But I digress. This has been the most fun read thus far as a result, I think. Chapter after chapter was new to me. It was the first time I experienced a true sense that I was going on a fresh journey with Harry, Hermy-own-ninny, and Ron.

A must read is all that can be said. ( )
  DylanWolters | Dec 19, 2018 |
This is the fourth book in the Harry Potter series. This one is all about the tri-wizard tournament, where a champion is chosen from each of the three wizarding schools. You get to meet so many new characters and I love the addition of students from different schools. In this book you get to see how evil Voldemort is and really see a darker side of the series.

In my opinion, the best one so far. There is so much action and twists and turns that you can't put the book down. I had a real emotional connection with this book-more so than the others. I really enjoyed the idea of the tri-wizard tournament and couldn't believe the different worlds I was seeing though J.K. Rowlings writing.
  Hayleykeyser | Dec 5, 2018 |
We did it, again. We loved it, again. ( )
  JulesGDSide | Nov 29, 2018 |
*Audio version re-listen August 2018*

*Re-read August 2016*

I had a strong, strong urge to re-read this after finishing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and I am so glad that I did. I haven't read this one in a loooong time and I had completely forgotten how good it is. Took me forever to finish but I enjoyed every single second of it. SO much happens in this one, such a crucial turning point in the series. My memory of events was based mostly on the movie and I was reminded how much got left out, big and small moments. One in particular that I loved reading was when McGonagall brings him to see his family and he's like, "The Dursley's defintley didn't show up" and he walks in and it's Mrs. Weasley and Bill It was a long haul but SO worth the re-read. I just love the Wizarding World so much ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
Tras otro abominable verano con los Dursley, Harry se dispone a iniciar el cuarto curso en Hogwarts, la famosa escuela de magia y hechicería. A sus catorce años, a Harry le gustaría ser un joven mago como los demás y dedicarse a aprender nuevos sortilegios, encontrarse con sus amigos Ron y Hermione y asistir con ellos a los Mundiales de quidditch. Sin embargo, al llegar al colegio le espera una gran sorpresa que lo obligará a enfrentarse a los desafíos más temibles de toda su vida. Si logra superarlos, habrá demostrado que ya no es un niño y que está preparado para vivir las nuevas y emocionantes experiencias que el futuro le depara.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

in memory of Mr. Ridley
and to Susan Sladden,
who helped Harry
out of his cupboard.
The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
"Kill the spare"
In this book Harry conquers various tasks via the triwizard tournament, but is this tournament more than Harry can handle?
Headmaster cancelled

the school sports program so that

four kids could hunt eggs.

(CathWhitney)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0439139597, Hardcover)

In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, J.K. Rowling offers up equal parts danger and delight--and any number of dragons, house-elves, and death-defying challenges. Now 14, her orphan hero has only two more weeks with his Muggle relatives before returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Yet one night a vision harrowing enough to make his lightning-bolt-shaped scar burn has Harry on edge and contacting his godfather-in-hiding, Sirius Black. Happily, the prospect of attending the season's premier sporting event, the Quidditch World Cup, is enough to make Harry momentarily forget that Lord Voldemort and his sinister familiars--the Death Eaters--are out for murder.

Readers, we will cast a giant invisibility cloak over any more plot and reveal only that You-Know-Who is very much after Harry and that this year there will be no Quidditch matches between Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Instead, Hogwarts will vie with two other magicians' schools, the stylish Beauxbatons and the icy Durmstrang, in a Triwizard Tournament. Those chosen to compete will undergo three supreme tests. Could Harry be one of the lucky contenders?

But Quidditch buffs need not go into mourning: we get our share of this great game at the World Cup. Attempting to go incognito as Muggles, 100,000 witches and wizards converge on a "nice deserted moor." As ever, Rowling magicks up the details that make her world so vivid, and so comic. Several spectators' tents, for instance, are entirely unquotidian. One is a minipalace, complete with live peacocks; another has three floors and multiple turrets. And the sports paraphernalia on offer includes rosettes "squealing the names of the players" as well as "tiny models of Firebolts that really flew, and collectible figures of famous players, which strolled across the palm of your hand, preening themselves." Needless to say, the two teams are decidedly different, down to their mascots. Bulgaria is supported by the beautiful veela, who instantly enchant everyone--including Ireland's supporters--over to their side. Until, that is, thousands of tiny cheerleaders engage in some pyrotechnics of their own: "The leprechauns had risen into the air again, and this time, they formed a giant hand, which was making a very rude sign indeed at the veela across the field."

Long before her fourth installment appeared, Rowling warned that it would be darker, and it's true that every exhilaration is equaled by a moment that has us fearing for Harry's life, the book's emotions running as deep as its dangers. Along the way, though, she conjures up such new characters as Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody, a Dark Wizard catcher who may or may not be getting paranoid in his old age, and Rita Skeeter, who beetles around Hogwarts in search of stories. (This Daily Prophet scoop artist has a Quick-Quotes Quill that turns even the most innocent assertion into tabloid innuendo.) And at her bedazzling close, Rowling leaves several plot strands open, awaiting book 5. This fan is ready to wager that the author herself is part veela--her pen her wand, her commitment to her world complete. (Ages 9 and older) --Kerry Fried

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:29 -0400)

Fourteen-year-old Harry Potter joins the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup, then enters his fourth year at Hogwarts Academy where he is mysteriously entered in an unusual contest that challenges his wizarding skills, friendships and character, amid signs that an old enemy is growing stronger.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,684,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible