Leviathan Wakes

by James S. A. Corey

Series: The Expanse (1)

5,4892911,540 (4.02)1 / 262
When Captain Jim Holden's ice miner stumbles across a derelict, abandoned ship, he uncovers a secret that threatens to throw the entire system into war. Attacked by a stealth ship belonging to the Mars fleet, Holden must find a way to uncover the motives behind the attack, stop a war and find the truth behind a vast conspiracy that threatens the entire human race.… (more)
Recently added byterrypin, quavmo, hml03827, private library, glwebb, KaiStarkk, jaredgardner, karmstrong17
    The Martian by Andy Weir (electronicmemory)
    electronicmemory: Andy Weir and James S. A. Corey met at a book signing and agreed that The Expanse series and The Martian are set in the same time-line. So, if you're a fan of The Martian and want to find out what happened after Mars was colonized, read Leviathan Wakes. If you're a fan of The Expanse series, and want to read about the very first Martian colonist, read The Martian. For proof, check a 3 Oct 2015 tweet by @JamesSACorey for confirmation. One of The Expanse books also references a Martian ship named the 'Mark Watney'.… (more)
    Wild Seed by Octavia E. Butler (Sandwich76)
    Seeds of Earth by Michael Cobley (binarydude)
    Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie (g33kgrrl)
    Blindsight by Peter Watts (electronicmemory)
    The Gap Into Conflict: The Real Story by Stephen R. Donaldson (usuallee)
    usuallee: Book 1 of another excellent gritty, grimy space opera series.
    Perdido Street Station by China Miéville (Sandwich76)
    Downbelow Station by C. J. Cherryh (Mav.Weirdo)

English (285)  Catalan (1)  Norwegian (1)  Italian (1)  Finnish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (290)
Great space opera book, I intend to read the rest of the series and watch the show as soon as possible. ( )
  awesomejen2 | Jun 21, 2022 |
I've been meaning to read this series for a while & now it seems to be finished I've made a start. I enjoyed it too. Nothing too heavy in the sci-fi side. Characters I could mostly keep track of. Plot I could follow.
Hope to get to no 2 in June. ( )
  infjsarah | Jun 1, 2022 |
Loved the series on SyFy/Amazon - love the books even more. Best hard sci-fi since Heinlein. A new favorite - can't wait to complete the series. ( )
  dhaxton | May 23, 2022 |
I loved this book. Such magnificent world building and a huge, unique variety of alien life. The title describes the author's attempt to cover a vast story well. Perhaps the only negative I would say is that the rest of the series did not live up to the promise of The Expanse. ( )
  Windyone1 | May 10, 2022 |
Fantafín vísindasaga. Sá nýlega fyrsta þátt seríunnar Expanse sem unnin er úr fyrri hluta þessarar bókar. Bækurnar eru nú orðnar þó nokkrar og ku bara batna.
Sagan gerist í framtíðinni þar sem mannkynið hefur flakkað um sólarkerfið og myndað búsetukjarna á Tunglinu, Mars og Loftsteinabeltinu. En farið er að bera á tortryggni og hernaðaruppbyggingu auk þess sem auðug siðlaus fyrirtæki hafa eigin stefnu sem virðir mannslíf lítils. ( )
  SkuliSael | Apr 28, 2022 |

James S. A. Coreyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Benshoff, KirkCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cresti, Stefano AndreaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dociu, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mays, JeffersonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jayné and Kat, who encourage me
to daydream about spaceships
The Scopuli had been taken eight days ago, and Julie Mao was finally ready to be shot.
"Sure," Holden said. "I just needed to feel sorry for myself for a minute there. Let's go get killed by the mafia."

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,587,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible