Eclipse (2007)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (3), Twilight (3)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob, a werewolf, and her relationship with Edward, a vampire, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.
Recently added byarteaca, butterflytay02, Angela96, NAPUBLIB, private library, AnjieB123, Arena800, LiDeck, KarenAH
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (775)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  Danish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  German (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Finnish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  All languages (810)
I didn't like this book. And not because it wasn't well written or that. It was once again because of the story. But so much worse than New Moon. Edward wedged his way back into Bella's life but it drove me mad how easily she takes him back. And then shoves Jacob away. That frustrated me further. But I also didn't like the new Jacob much either - he was very old and sly.

One thing I really hated was the fact that Edward was so intent on not giving anything to Bella. In particular sex. I was so upset by that. Probably more so than Bella herself because it's like he goes away and comes back and he won't even give her himself. Something I tolerated in Twilight I found really hard to in this one after all he did.

The fact that the werewolves and vampires couldn't think to work together was also pretty stupid. I was just frustrated in general with this. And really upset with the whole situation between Jacob and Edward. It annoys me that Edward can't give her what she needs - i.e. being warm. It annoys me that Jacob doesn't want to be her friend even though that's all she wants.

But Meyer writes well. And once again, I'm drawn into the story. On a positive note, Alice is a wonderful character who's full of life. And so is Emmett and I loved that we got more of an insight to Rosalie and Jasper. Because they're all awesome. And I loved the fight scene with Edward and the werewolf killing Victoria and that. That was cool. So yeah. Top marks for all the good stuff but it's not enough to make up for the rest of it. ( )
  funstm | Dec 1, 2022 |

funstm | Dec 1, 2022 |
I don't know what to say other than this was another wonderful addition to the twilight series! I'm excited to read the next book! ( )
  EvelynNygren | Nov 17, 2022 |
The third book in the Twilight Saga shows Bella trying to keep Jacob and Edward in her life, and really shows the love triangle for what it is. In Twilight, she falls for Edward, while in New Moon, she falls for Jacob (though doesn't initially realize it). In Eclipse, she tries desperately to keep them both in her life - with severe emotional fallout. All the characters in this book behave extremely terribly to one another, which made it a harder read than New Moon - Edward kidnapping Bella and Jacob staging a jailbreak was fun for my TeamJacob heart, but seeing Jacob turn into a jerk was difficult as a reader. The main plot finishes up the Victoria-is-after-me storyline, with an army of newborn vampires that allows Bella insight into exactly what becoming a vampire means. The book ultimately ends with Bella choosing Edward and planning a wedding - but, if you're really Team Jacob (or just don't want her with Edward generally), the text could allow you to headcanon an alternative ending while ignoring Breaking Dawn that takes place after the end of Eclipse.

Ultimately, I enjoyed the book, and give it a 4/5, it loses points for the characters being so terrible to each other, as well as for some awkward exposition scenes (Rosalie's backstory, the Bonfire party, Jasper's backstory) that were harder to get through, but it kept me reading, and ultimately gave me a lot of feelings at the end.

I don't like Bella ending up with Edward, but it was still a good story. ( )
  WaldensLibrary | Sep 24, 2022 |
Enjoyed it. Better than I thought it would be. ( )
  MBTC | Jul 9, 2022 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
FRUNZĂ, Laurasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
FRUNZĂ, Mihaelasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

"BELLA?"
Edward's soft voice came from behind me. I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, just like he had in the parking lot, and kissed me again.
This kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine - like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us.

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

3 2078

Hachette Book Group

6 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316160202, 0316036293, 0316027650, 031608736X, 0316078166, 0316087386

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,428,093 books! | Top bar: Always visible