Eclipse (2007)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (3)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob, a werewolf, and her relationship with Edward, a vampire, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (761)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (5)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Danish (3)  French (3)  Portuguese (2)  Finnish (2)  German (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (793)
0/5 ( )
  TashaMorwell | Feb 24, 2021 |
I just wanted to know where she was going to go with it all. ( )
  ColourfulThreads | Feb 18, 2021 |
Wow- I think this is one of the worst books I’ve ever read. I had to fight the urge to throw it across the room, because at 500 pages, it would definitely do some damage. Where do I start? Bella is the most annoying twit of a person in this book. Her obsession with Edward is ridiculous at this point and I wanted to slap her and Charlie. I understand teenage angst and that everything feels so much stronger at 17, but for the love G-d, this was way over the top. They don’t have a relationship, there was no development of anything resembling a relationship- it was more of an idolization of Edward and for a reason I still don’t get. So what he’s good looking and rich- I could understand if Meyer left it at that, but it tried to make it so much more.
Then there were the constant references to his “rock hard chest” and his nighttime visits were not lovely or cute- but annoying and scary. His control issues in the book were ridiculous and if this were a real life friend- I’d tell her to leave now. I mean her having to sneak away from him was just not cute. I think what bothers me most is that young women will idealize some form of an Edward and his character and their relationship is so far from accurate, realistic and even healthy.

There were some parts of the book I did enjoy- I liked getting to know Alice and I loved Jacob’s character. Jacob is easily the realest character in this entire series. I could say the same about Alice too- her over zealousness and other attributes make her recognizable as a person (unlike boring Edward and stuck in a quasi abusive relationship Bella). I also enjoyed the ending of the book which I won’t ruin with spoilers. I enjoyed not so much what happened but because, it was a glimpse of true emotion, something I felt was sorely lacking in the remainder of the book.
The plot, I still don’t get. The newborn vampires and Victoria coming back – WTH? The constant fear of the Volitire was just misplaced. Like it was being put in to guarantee the continuity from New Moon. The length of this book was ridiculous as well. Way too long for me.
Overall- I strongly disliked Bella, Edward and even Charlie (too weak) and that the plot was just plain stupid. I’ll continue with the series (1.5 left) and then make my final conclusion at that point. I loved the first two, but my opinions and strong dislike of Eclipse was the reason I didn’t read the series in the first place. I just really hope Breaking Dawn is much better than this. I pray it is because it clocks in at over 700 pages.
  sunshine608 | Feb 2, 2021 |
avevo vaghi ricordi di questo libro come il migliore della saga (!!)... oh, how the turntables.
questo volume non ha ragione di esistere: è stupido, è irritante, è lento, e manda a quel paese una (naturale e logica) evoluzione dei personaggi.
bella inoltre si palesa qui in tutta la sua gloriosa inutilità; e non lo dico solo perché il personaggio mi sta fortemente antipatico, ma perché la sua esistenza è un errore letterario. se il tuo libro riesce ad esistere senza la sua protagonista, se la sua presenza non provoca alcun cambiamento nel corso degli eventi, se eliminandola potrebbe comunque esistere... c'è qualcosa che non va. sul serio, tutta la vicenda è costruita per dare un ruolo a bella e lei riesce comunque ad essere inutile! è un personaggio di contorno, che sbiadisce sullo sfondo, e la sua presenza è completamente accessoria.
jacob diventa un molestatore così, dal nulla, soltanto per far risaltare maggiormente edward. questo cambiamento improvviso non ha senso, è assurdo e ooc: esiste soltanto per dar credito alla teoria dell'autrice secondo cui uomini e donne a quanto pare non possono essere amici. e charlie, l'unico personaggio decente in questo mare di melma, che approva la molestia che subisce bella e anzi la giustifica e incoraggia? per non parlare del fatto che, nelle intenzioni dell'autrice, bella dovrebbe essere forte e coraggiosa per il pugno dato a jacob; ma in realtà la sua reazione si limita a qualche commento idiota e a nascondersi dietro le spalle di edward. che esempio, che personaggio, che mito letterario.
tutti i personaggi manipolano bella, a cominciare da edward - che qui dovrebbe essere presentato come la scelta migliore per lei e il suo unico vero amore, ma in realtà si conferma una merdina - e la narrazione lo giustifica. è assurdo quanto sia idiota, egocentrica ed egoista questa ragazza.
qualcuno potrebbe argomentare che questo volume sia migliore degli altri perché almeno c'è una trama. trama che, tuttavia, ha inizio al 55% almeno del libro, è noiosa, lunga, inutilmente drammatica.
che disastro narrativo. ( )
  folkiara | Feb 2, 2021 |
I wasn't a particular Twilight fan before I finally succumbed and got sucked into the 'vampiric vortex'. To be honest, the first film disappointed me, the second was better, but "Eclipse" eclipses both. ( )
  Musaib03 | Jan 28, 2021 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
FRUNZĂ, Laurasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
FRUNZĂ, Mihaelasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

3 1979

Hachette Book Group

6 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316160202, 0316036293, 0316027650, 031608736X, 0316078166, 0316087386

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,761,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible