- fiction (482), 2021 (103), fantasy (81), non fiction (58), non-fiction (57), spirituality (54), horror (28), mystery (26), family (25), memoir (25), kindle (21), history (20), chic lit (18), nook library loan (17), paranormal (15), healing (15), thriller (15), nook e-book (15), life after death (13), friendship (13), biography (12), animals (12), King Arthur (12), love (12), native american (12), religion (11), crime fiction (11), humor (10), vine (10), cats (9), dogs (9), children (9), signed copy (9), Oprah's book club (9), ARC (8), gardening (8), politics (8), women (8), alternative medicine (8), edgar cayce (7), autism (7), vatican (6), reincarnation (6), readings (6), celtic fiction (6), science fiction (6), classic fiction (6), classic (6), science (6), ARC vine (6), time travel (6), native american fiction (5), ghosts (5), veterinary (5), poetry (5), arc vine (5), mental illness (5), magic (5), lesbian (5), health (5), historical fiction (5), grief (5), haunting (4), sanctuary (4), Vine (4), vaccines (4), drugs (4), british (4), betrayal (4), landscaping (4), adoption (4), exercise (4), Atlantis (4), childrens (4), WWII (3), loss (3), homeless (3), cooking (3), arc (3), historical (3), murder (3), Fiction (3), special needs (3), kevin (3), ARC Algonquin (3), auto biography (3), archeology (3), rescue (3), mental health (3), herbs (3), british fiction (3), kidnapping (3), not even wrong (3), folklore (3), psychic (3), political (3), crime (3), food (3), abuse (3), Thorn Queen (2), animal cruelty (2), lace (2), synesthesia (2), library loan nook (2), bird (2), felines (2), yoga (2), library to kindle (2), holistic (2), Reiki (2), NDE (2), hollywood (2), ARC A (2), YA (2), holocaust (2), death (2), nope (2), ARC B&N (2), nook (2), bio (2), south (2), titanic (2), priorities (2), cat (2), OMNIBUS (2), vine arc (2), rd (2), celtic (2), Acupuncture (2), shenanigans (2), run away! ARC vine (2), ARC vine non-fiction (2), vine ARC (2), irish lit (2), canines (2), diet (2), null (2), friends (2), irish (2), military (2), latino (2), Templar (2), horses (2), mexico (2), families (2), romance (2), pets (2), savant (2), compassion (2), dragons (2), small town (2), ducks (2), research (2), slavery (2), games (2), Ireland (2), wisdom (2), speculation (2), historic fiction (2), France (2), teaching (2), travel (2), book about books (2), war (2), twins (2), witches (2), kids (2), ya (2), Salem (2), auto-biography (2), starvation (2), communication (2), best friends (2), desert (2), 4 (1), too true (1), Terrible (1), Author (1), Mary (1), the house by the sea (1), Sphinx (1), Iceland (1), urban fantasy (1), Germany (1), Egypt (1), keeper. gorgeous story (1), First book of 2022 (1), ghastly (1), occult (1), dnf x 2 (1), teeeeeeny print (1), secrets at the last house before the sea (1), what WAS that (1), An Aunt Bessie Cold Case Mystery (1), Jesus (1), religious (1), pittsburgh (1), Quirky (1), country doctor (1), TERRIBLE (1), Dnf (1), this isbn is in a teeeny font.. (1), run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1), Children's book (1), recommended (1), Housten (1), ARC author (1), early galley copy (1), Children's literature fantasy (1), alternate reality (1), irish night (1), gift for baby kozicki (1), rictio (1), Supreme court rulings (1), strength (1), speculative (1), criss knopf (1), author request (1), anger (1), Cold Wind (1), pet chiropractic (1), literature (1), energy field healing (1), the Magdalene (1), ER book (1), spooky (1), hopeful. (1), Nine Tiger (1), south africa (1), apocalypse (1), new england (1), bears (1), rugby (1), Exxon Valdez (1), homeopathy (1), Civil War (1), medicine (1), polio (1), pubs (1), single mom (1), honor (1), cancer (1), 9/11 (1), abortion (1), cover-ups (1), FDR (1), Father Christmas (1), rapa nui (1), wildlife (1), pyramids (1), botany (1), newspaper (1), easter island (1), Lincoln (1), Las Vegas (1), poland (1), ick (1), tombs (1), play (1), salmon (1), fishermen (1), peculiar (1), china (1), aromatherapy (1), why? (1), faith (1), courage (1), wistful (1), bedtime (1), quirky (1), water (1), farming (1), alaska (1), DNF (1), whaling (1), dysfunctional (1), DC (1), alternative history (1), Scotland (1), australia (1), civil war (1), trinity (1), passion (1), brandy (1), cpld (1), massage therapy (1), China (1), chinese herbs (1), Cayce (1), from author (1), cliffhanger (1), gay (1), Medieval England (1), shipwreck (1), moai (1), madams (1), natural remedies (1), chinese medicine (1), strong woman (1), She has beat Hillary up too much.. DNF (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- 50-Something Library Thingers, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, 75 Books Challenge for 2023, Algonquin Readers Round Table, Banned Books, Book Recommendations Requests, Books off the Shelf Challenge, Bug Collectors, Cats, books, life is good., Club Read 2022, Club Read 2023, Early Reviewers, Happy Heathens, Hobnob with Authors, Librarians who LibraryThing, LTers with dogs, Name that Book, One LibraryThing, One Book, Pittsburghers, Readers Over Sixty, Spiritually Speaking, The Random Group for Fogies and Curmudgeons of All Ages, What Are You Reading Now?
- Jul 15, 2007
- Real Name
- About My Library
I like Egyptian and Mayan history, Celtic history and books on all modalities of alternative healing. I read fiction, non-fiction, spirituality and books about animals.
I have recently been on a catch and release program with books. I read them, and pass many of them on.
I buy mostly books second hand, and I share books with many friends, but I get most of my reads from the library these days.I think I will never actually get all of my books cataloged here~and I have included books that have moved on to new homes. I love my kindle paperwhite
The Wiccan Rede
Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust.
Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.
For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.
To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.
Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.
Widdershins go when the moon doth wane,
and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane.
When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.
When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.
Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.
When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.
When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.
When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest.
Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.
Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows.
Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's
insight. Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.
Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.
Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.
Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.
Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be.
Four times the Major Sabbats mark in the light and in the dark.
As the old year starts to wane the new begins, it's now Samhain.
When the time for Imbolc shows watch for flowers through the snows.
When the wheel begins to turn soon the Beltane fires will burn.
As the wheel turns to Lamas night power is brought to magick rite.
Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
When the wheel has turned to Yule light the log the Horned One rules.
In the spring, when night equals day time for Ostara to come our way.
When the Sun has reached it's height time for Oak and Holly to fight.
Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed you'll be.
Where the rippling waters go cast a stone, the truth you'll know.
When you have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.
With a fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
Merry Meet and Merry Part bright the cheeks and warm the heart.
Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good.
When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow.
Be true in love this you must do unless your love is false to you.
These Eight words the Rede fulfill:
"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
I have Topographical Disorientation. Impossible to explain unless you have it.
You are a Cimi 13. As a Cimi, your soul path is to make the most of your life, and you are fearless in your undertakings, because you become aware of Time. You feel challenged when you have a lack of purpose. As a Cimi, your planet is Mars, and you have the ability to learn from your mistakes, and transform negative energy into positive energy. As a 13 tone, you have been through all the lessons of the other 12 tones, and so, possess the energy that creates the others. You can use and draw upon many levels of energy for whatever you wish to do.
Interpreted from the Mayan Calendar Birthday Book
If I forget to wake one day, it will be okay.
"...let's say that she wasn't all bad, but the good was there in such measly quantities you had to keep a sharp watch lest you miss it entirely."
From The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. - Friedrich
‘Mother, the soul leaves the body as a boy jumps out of a school bus door,that is, suddenly and with joy. A Rumor of Angels
=^..^= "Mo chara" is Gaelic (Irish) for "My friend". "Mo" would translate to "My" and "Chara" would translate to "Friend"
_Urram do na mairbh_. ("Honor to the dead," in Gaelic)
The Reiki Affirmation
Just for today
I will not worry, I will not be angry
I will do my work honestly
I will give thanks for my many blessings
I will be kind to my neighbor and all living things.
From the wisdom of the Navajo, here's a way to define happiness and well-being:
The Navajo word hozro ... means a sort of blend of being in harmony with one's environment, at peace with one's circumstances, content with the day, devoid of anger, and free from anxieties.
*** Polarity Therapy*** Adam*** energy balancing
You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. - Friedrich Nietzsche
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
A Rumor of Angels
How to Make an American Quilt
Fried Green Tomatoes
Jumpin' Jack Flash
City of Angels
I love this video, the entire series, in fact.
Oh My Stars!
5 * star - loved it, breathtaking, keeper, will re-read. Possibly life changing!
4.5 * star - very good, possible keeper
4 * star liked a lot
3.5 * star - very satisfying
3 * star a solid read, nothing extraordinary, worth 1 read
2.5 * star- failed potential but somewhat engaging
2 * star A mixed bag not worth reading unless desperate
1.5 * star It was a book
1 * star Fail ! A bunch of words cobbled together
http://www.bitesize.irish/inirish/770 mo chara my friend/Gaelic
cat vid... must watch daily
If You Have A Friend
If you have a friend worth loving
Love him. Yes, and let him know
That you love him, ere life’s evening
Tinge his brow with sunset glow
Why should good words ne’er be said
Of a friend till he is dead?
If you hear a song that thrills you
Sung by any child of song
Praise it. Do not let the singer
Wait deserved praises long
Why should one who thrills your heart
Lack the joy you may impart?
If you hear a prayer that moves you
By its humble, pleading tone
Join it. Do not let the seeker
Bow before his God alone
Why should not thy brother share
The strength of ‘two or three’ in prayer?
If your work is made more easy
By a friendly, helping hand
Say so. Speak out brave and truly
Ere the darkness veil the land
Should a brother workman dear
Falter for a word of cheer?
Scatter thus your seeds of kindness
All enriching as you go
Leave them. Trust the Harvest-Giver
He will make each seed to grow
So, until the happy end
Your life shall never lack a friend
by Douglas Malloch
The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light,
But stood out in the open plain
And always got its share of rain,
Never became a forest king
But lived and died a scrubby thing.
The man who never had to toil
To gain and farm his patch of soil,
Who never had to win his share
Of sun and sky and light and air,
Never became a manly man
But lived and died as he began.
Good timber does not grow with ease:
The stronger wind, the stronger trees;
The further sky, the greater length;
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.
Where thickest lies the forest growth,
We find the patriarchs of both.
And they hold counsel with the stars
Whose broken branches show the scars
Of many winds and much of strife.
This is the common law of life.
- About Me
Grammy of one, mom of 4 grown kids, Reiki Master Teaching level, AVID reader, animal advocate. Gemini. Certificates in homeopathy and herbalism from local community college.
"Mo chara" is Gaelic (Irish) for "My friend". "Mo" would translate to "My" and "Chara" would translate to "Friend"
_Urram do na mairbh_. ("Honor to the dead," in Gaelic)
"Clarivoyance, claircognizance, clairsentience and clairaudience,"
All kitties all the time :
I love W.B Yeats
The Folly of Being Comforted
One that is ever kind said yesterday:
Your well-beloved's hair has threads of grey,
And little shadows come about her eyes;
Time can but make it easier to be wise
Though now it seems impossible, and so
All that you need is patience.'
Heart cries, `No,
I have not a crumb of comfort, not a grain.
Time can but make her beauty over again:
Because of that great nobleness of hers
The fire that stirs about her, when she stirs,
Burns but more clearly. O she had not these ways
When all the wild summer was in her gaze.
O heart! O heart! If she'd but turn her head,
You'd know the folly of being comforted.
The Withering of the Boughs
I know of the leafy paths that the witches take
Who come with their crowns of pearl and their spindles of wool,
And their secret smile, out of the depths of the lake;
I know where a dim moon drifts, where the Danaan kind
Wind and unwind their dances when the light grows cool
On the island lawns, their feet where the pale foam gleams.
No boughs have withered because of the wintry wind;
The boughs have withered because I have told them my dreams....Yeats
Mitakuye Oyasin honors the sacredness of each person's individual spiritual path, acknowledges the sacredness of all life (human, animal, plant, etc.) and creates an energy of awareness which strengthens not only the person who prays but the entire planet. These words are sacred truth.
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin... All my relations. I honor you in this circle of life with me today. I am grateful for this opportunity to acknowledge you in this prayer...
To the Creator, for the ultimate gift of life, I thank you.
To the mineral nation that has built and maintained my bones and all foundations of life experience, I thank you.
To the plant nation that sustains my organs and body and gives me healing herbs for sickness, I thank you.
To the animal nation that feeds me from your own flesh and offers your loyal companionship in this walk of life, I thank you.
To the human nation that shares my path as a soul upon the sacred wheel of Earthly life, I thank you.
To the Spirit nation that guides me invisibly through the ups and downs of life and for carrying the torch of light through the Ages. I thank you.
To the Four Winds of Change and Growth, I thank you.
You are all my relations, my relatives, without whom I would not live. We are in the circle of life together, co-existing, co-dependent, co-creating our destiny. One, not more important than the other. One nation evolving from the other and yet each dependent upon the one above and the one below. All of us a part of the Great Mystery.
Thank you for this Life.
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin is a simple yet profound statement. It comes from the Lakota Nation and means all my relations. It is spoken during prayer and ceremony to invite and acknowledge all relatives to the moment.
To most of us today, relative means a blood relation or another human in the family lineage. We have not been taught that an entity, other than human, could be a relative. Understanding this simple statement and contemplating it, could change your outlook on life forever. If you love and honor your relatives, you would be loving and honoring most of what is on this earth, if you lived by this meaning of “relative." What a different world we would be living in!
Sit with this statement, see the Truth in it. Everything is related because it all emanates from one source and has purpose. Truth can be found in Native philosophy, Buddhism, Christianity, Judism, Islam, all belief systems, because they are all related. I have studied Buddhism and found Christ. I have studied Native philosophy and found Buddha. I have studied Mother Nature and found self.
Truth does not owe homage to humans. Humans owe homage to Truth.
© 2011 Wolfwalker Collection. All rights reserved.
Mantra: Ra Ma Da Sa, Sa Say So Hung. The mantra should be sung in one complete exhalation. As you chant the first Sa, your navel point is pulled in so that this syllable is abbreviated. You should also pull your navel point in as you chant Hung. Hung should be vibrated at the root of the nose. The rest of the syllables are drawn out in a strong, powerful chant. Strive to keep your chant at full volume (loud but not raucous) throughout the meditation.
Meaning of Mantra:
Sa=infinity, universal energy
Sa=repeat in second half of mantra
Say=the personal embodiment of Sa
So=the personal sense of merger with Sa
Hung=the Infinite, vibrating and real.
The mantra literally means: "I am Thou. It is also used to mean, The service of God is within me. "
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. City of Angels
- Beaver County Pa
- Also On
- Currently Reading
- Favorite Authors
- Local Favorites
Other: Bridgewater BookFest 2012
- -Cee-, .rose., Ape, bashevis, BBGirl55, benitastrnad, bobp0303, bookaholicgirl, cal8769, callmejacx, calm, cameling, caroline123, Cats57, celebrian, cmbohn, Copperskye, Crazymamie, curlysue, Delirium9, DrDoug, elliepotten, Esta1923, EvelynBernard, GeekyBlackGirl, genealogy_nana, GlennKleier, HannahHolborn, JaynePupek, jerlbaum, kat_woman38, KinnicChick, LauraBrook, leperdbunny, Livia_Llewellyn, LongBeachALP, maggie1944, Matke, meerka, mirrordrum, MissTeacher, mrgrooism, msf59, mzonderm, nancyewhite, PghDragonMan, porchsitter55, RachelfromSarasota, reina10, rocketjk, sandykaypax, sassie041, Severn, sharontillotson, Sparkle.Dragon, Taliska, theaelizabet, theoldman, tigerlyly, TinaV95, VargasMcPherson, Whisper1, womansheart, www.thisispk.org, xmaystarx, Yells
- Interesting Library
- -Cee-, 1crazycatlady, ablachly, alcottacre, alphaorder, arubabookwoman, bakersfieldbarbara, beserene, BONS, bookbroke, brenzi, BrigidsBlest, c_why, cal8769, cameling, Cariola, Cats57, curlysue, cyderry, danigoose1, diana.gabaldon, dianestm, dovelynnwriter, drneutron, EarlyReviewers, EmScape, enaid, gwernin, HeathMochaFrost, HelenBaker, hemlokgang, JannyWurts, jfetting, karenmarie, ladydzura, lilithcat, London_StJ, loosha, lquilter, luvamystery65, mahsdad, Matke, MerryMary, MorwennaMarkova, oldmanriver1951, PaulCranswick, peterpobre, petersfamily, PghDragonMan, PhaedraB, porchsitter55, Prop2gether, qebo, rainpebble, richardderus, rocketjk, sandykaypax, seasonsoflove, Severn, Sibylle.Night, SqueakyChu, stevetempo, Tanglewood, tapestry100, teelgee, timspalding, tloeffler, tututhefirst, vancouverdeb, Whisper1, WholeHouseLibrary