The Complete Maus (1980)

by Art Spiegelman

Series: Maus: A Survivor's Tale (omnibus)

6,4572061,115 (4.52)1 / 328
Maus is a haunting tale within a tale. Vladek's harrowing story of survival is woven into the author's account of his tortured relationship with his aging father. Against the backdrop of guilt brought by survival, they stage a normal life of small arguments and unhappy visits.
    Resistance: Book 1 by Carla Jablonski (cransell)
    Yossel by Joe Kubert (kxlly)
    Logicomix: An Epic Search for Truth by Apostolos Doxiadis (CGlanovsky)
    CGlanovsky: Graphic novels with historical subject-matter straddling the line between fiction and non-fiction and containing the parallel story of their own creation.
    Animal Farm by George Orwell (mcenroeucsb)
    Le Rapport de Brodeck by Manu Larcenet (apokoliptian)
    apokoliptian: This book also deals with the post-WWII survivors, with their harms and behaviors, and shows some tragic scenes from the concentration camps in Europe.
    Diary of a Young Girl: The Definitive Edition by Anne Frank (artturnerjr)
    artturnerjr: Two stories of the Holocaust. One is in prose, the other is in comics format; both are appealing to diverse audiences.
    Fax from Sarajevo by Joe Kubert (Felipe-F)
    Vietnamerica: A Family's Journey by GB Tran (sduff222)
    Claus von Stauffenberg: Zeuge im Feuer by Peter Steinbach (JqnOC)
    Death Is My Trade by Robert Merle (yokai)
    Footnotes in Gaza: A Graphic Novel by Joe Sacco (Felipe-F)

English (172)  French (7)  Dutch (6)  Italian (5)  Catalan (5)  Spanish (4)  German (2)  Danish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (205)
Gostei muito, achei uma boa representação da segunda guerra. Apenas fiquei decepcionada em como o autor decidiu terminar o livro, achei que podia ter sido de uma forma melhor. ( )
  megwatrin | Mar 11, 2021 |
Di Maus si può dire solo bene, perché parlarne male sarebbe come parlare male della Divina Commedia. Questa Graphic Novel, infatti, non è un semplice romanzo a fumetti: è un monumento, un testo che dovrebbe essere fatto studiare a scuola... tutti i libri, i film, le analisi sulla Shoà impallidiscono di fronte a quest'opera che non ha eguali in quanto a ispirazione, potenza narrativa e sensibilità... Lo si può aprire in una pagina a caso e leggerne 3 vignette di seguito anche senza capire l'impianto della trama per essere letterlmente inondati da emozioni fortissime e da un'empatia che si possono provare solo raramente leggendo un'opera letteraria!!
  JoeProtagoras | Jan 28, 2021 |
Chilling.

The medium and presentation undercuts whatever defenses I would have to holocaust tales read from under the blanketed covers of my bed.

Other issues are also addressed, generation gaps, seemingly obvious personal contradictions, filial concerns, life-defining tragedies and how they are survived; these issues are expertly showcased without ever being diminished through simplification.

There is also am embedded love story, but unlike the usual "Love tale in situation X"turn of events that simple love instead propels the story forward through everything that we are meant to absorb. ( )
  NaleagDeco | Dec 13, 2020 |
This was my first graphic novel. I decided it was time for me to try one out. I chose a classic that is widely respected. I was impressed. It was definitely a different way of telling a story but one that I enjoyed, and it was a story very much worth my time. ( )
  afkendrick | Oct 24, 2020 |

Previtali, CristinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Soares, Antonio de MacedoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"The Jews are undoubtedly a race, but they are not human." Adolf Hitler
For Anja
Last one to the schoolyard is a rotten egg.
This is the OMNIBUS edition containing both "Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History" and "Maus II: A Survivor's Tale: And Here My Troubles Began".

DO NOT COMBINE with individual editions of Maus I or Maus II!!!

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,955,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible